cats with thumbs

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:19 pm
Hemingway owned a whole bunch of six-toed cats, didn't he?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:25 pm
Yes Eva, and their progeny are everywhere in Key West
0 Replies

Abu Ishaq Al Juwayri

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:47 pm
ok....the pic of this wild cat is now in the gallery my friends....in the 'pets' section if you care to see it....the red box in the photo is simply an apollo missile system....it was used in the gulf war, but i'm saving it as a keepsake....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 02:02 am
My cat Mikey (see avatar) has six toes on each foot. Normal is five on each front foot and four on each hind foot. The extra toes on his front feet look exactly like thumbs. Although he hasn't figured out how to use them all that well, he his capable of catching a small aluminum foil ball with one paw--his thumb makes this possible.

I have a photo of him with his thumb showing. I'll see if I can find it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 02:22 am
Yes, please, Roberta. Very Happy If it doesn't mean too much trouble for you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 02:32 am
Show us yer thumbs!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:42 am
As a primate, I am opposable two thumbs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:31 am
I've a friend who always refers to humanity as monkeys with car keys . . . could these felines drive with sufficient prosthetic support?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:35 am
Set, I might trust them in a compact, but never in an SUV.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:37 am
My god, the thoughf of Mikey or Flatty roaring down the Rome-Hilliard road at the wheel of a Cadillac Escalade does make my blood run cold . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:40 am
I have a picture of a new Flatty in my mind, while talking 'bout SUVs, but nevvamind....hee hee.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:58 am
Setanta wrote:
My god, the thoughf of Mikey or Flatty roaring down the Rome-Hilliard road at the wheel of a Cadillac Escalade does make my blood run cold . . .

Heh heh - that's cos yer a damned dawg!
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:38 pm
Where I come from, we call that inbreeding and it's very common. It's quite common for the animals to have extra digits where non desexed brothers and sisters are raised together, and not always only the cats and dogs. Or so we say.

I would just like to point out that I was bred closer to the city, so the inbreeding does not apply to me and my siblings.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:05 pm
Hmmm - I see two tails.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:07 pm
Reminds me of One Hundred Years of Solitude . . .
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:09 pm
It's the fuse, and you know it.

Besides which, i was completely serious. Quite a few of the dogs and cats at the local fodder have extra digits.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:18 pm
Dlowan, no, I doubt evolution happens by trying, although, it's true, some of us try to evolve metaphorically... sometimes even physically, as two people at a time wave a finger in the air to make it grow.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:05 pm
Mikey driving!!!! Shocked Run for the hills. Shocked For that matter, Roberta driving. Shocked Run for the hills. Shocked There's a fair chance that he'd be better at it than I would be.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:02 pm
Setanta wrote:

Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:03 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I have a picture of a new Flatty in my mind, while talking 'bout SUVs, but nevvamind....hee hee.

Boo, hiss! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » cats with thumbs
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:29:46