What is your favorite piece of clothing?

cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Feb, 2019 05:52 pm
I like Columbia clothes, and Clark or Florsheim shoes. Worked for Florsheim Shoes a few lifetimes ago.
0 Replies

ellalopez904

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 04:52 am
@boomerang,
My floral dress.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:53 am
I am bald enough to need a hat, and old enough to want something with a little class. So I have started a hat collection.

Right now my favorite pieces of clothing are two hats...

The dress hat is this one.

https://cdn2.shopify.com/s/files/1/0131/2972/products/MRCOLMAR_NAT_BLK_FRAMED_1024x1024.jpg?v=1430318656

This hat is hard to pack, and I like to travel. I have a canvas "safari" hat that has been with me through many trips in several countries across a couple of continents now. It even survived getting mugged (the idiot holding the pistol didn't know that the hat is the most valuable thing I had... what is more important than protecting the top of your head from getting burned?).

It is beaten up and showing wear, but it still wears well and protects me from the sun. I love that hat.
cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:24 am
@maxdancona,
Everything I ever purchased, but my Florsheim shoes has special meaning for me, because I worked for that company, and my Florsheims still looks new - although I rarely wear them any more.
ellalopez904

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:33 am
@boomerang,
My favorite is floral dress.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 10:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
My husbands Aunt Olivia was a top sales person at Roscoe-Griffen (shoe store in Raileigh, North Carolina). We used to visit two or three times a year and Olivia always set aside some nice Florsheim for him and Bandolino's and Aigner for me. She had a great eye for shoes and especially the fit.
cicerone imposter

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 11:11 am
@glitterbag,
I really love their shoes and the company. I still hear about the "bamboo ceiling" that prevents most Asians from advancing in their careers into management positions, but Florsheim opened the doors for me, and made me Audit Manager for their company with a hefty increase in pay. The only drawback was the fact that we had to move from Northern California to Chicago (Windy City). We had a beautiful brick and cedar home built in Naperville, and I took the Burlington into Chicago to work, one hour each way. Our office was next block from Union Station, so it made it convenient. After three years, we missed family and friends, and the climate back in California, so I resigned and moved back to my "home." It turned out pretty well; I was controller for a couple of small companies, then started doing consulting to small businesses. I was able to travel around the world (132 countries), and retired early. Not bad for the "yellow sheep" of the family. I was the last to earn my college degree, but first to retire.
0 Replies

Yourinsuil

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 04:38 am
@boomerang,
Shoooes are my favorite pieces of clothing. They are my children and I treat them like a mother:D I always clean or wash them and everywhere I want to go, choose the best one between them that is exactly matched with my style, sometimes I think all my money are spending to buy shoes!
https://www.digistyle.com/mag/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/black-running-nike-shoes-on-wood.jpg
and these Nike shoes are my favorite for a daily style
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 05:49 am
Me, I like woolen socks.
0 Replies