St. Louis-Area Chamber Fires Psychic

Col Man

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:05 am
By JIM SUHR, AP Business Writer

ST. LOUIS - Maybe David Levin should have seen it coming: An economic development group fired him as a consultant over concern that his self-professed psychic powers were interfering with his work.

The St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association knew Levin was "spiritual," but word of his claims to have supernatural powers became a credibility issue, said Richard Fleming, president and CEO of the group.

Levin, 64, was an executive coach and strategic planner for the St. Louis nonprofit group, which paid him $1.4 million in fees and reimbursement since 1997.

An article in the British magazine Prediction says Levin ran a consulting business for executives and that he and Fleming met in 1993, the year before Fleming was named chief executive of the St. Louis non-profit.

In the article, titled "A Psychic Family," Levin alleges he, his wife and their 15-year-old son are all psychic.

"David has this uncanny combination of intuitive sense and real ability to see the big picture," Fleming said in the article, published in the September edition. "His intuitive vision has been a huge help to me as a leader as well."

Fleming did not return telephone messages Thursday, and Levin did not respond to telephone and e-mail requests for an interview. The magazine said that the Levins were conducting seminars in London in August and September.

The magazine reported that Levin's Center for Intuitive Leadership in Boulder, Colo., is meant to help business leaders "through a transformational clairvoyance-based method."

link : http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040826/ap_on_fe_st/st_louis_chamber_psychic&e=17&ncid=816
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 335 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 08:56 am
This is why I keep my psychic powers secret. But I will warn Col Man not to accept that job with the BBC and to avoid the shrimp tartar at the local pub.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 09:08 pm
advice taken Wink
0 Replies