Man Makes Head-Lines With Bald Offer

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:41 pm
BALD BEAUTY SELLS HEAD

An entrepreneurial American has come up with a new way to make money - sell advertising space on his shaven head.

Jeremy Martin wants to auction off the top of his chrome dome for a minimum of £33,000.

For that, the successful bidder will be able to plaster their logo on top of his head.

The 21-year-old will also promise to place the ad on his car and a personalised number plate for one year.

Mr Martin, from Cleveland, Ohio, told US news channel NBC4: "I will not take less than $60,000 because I'm going to have the tattoo on the back of my head for the rest of my life."

So far 1,100 people have inquired about the advertising space, but no firm bids have been made.

But Mr Martin is still upbeat: "I don't think anyone wants to be the first person to try something out."

link : http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-13197572,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 350 • Replies: 5
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:43 pm
Hahaha.

Brings a new meaning to making headway in advertising...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:55 pm
It's amazing what people are coming up with... selling Subway stations, and, now, bald heads!

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:02 pm
yeah right...
i wonder if i could sell advertising space on the roof and walls of my house its big enough
no cancel that thought...
what am i thinking....
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 11:02 pm
A couple of years ago I saw something similar on the telly. A Mexican restaurant in San Francisco offered free meals to anyone who had their logo tatood on their body. They did it as a way to get some free press in the newspapers and on TV, and didn't think anyone would actually do it. Now they're in some serious financial trouble because so many people have done it.
0 Replies