Underwear in Public Not Indecent, Court Says

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (Reuters) - Wearing underwear and nothing else in public does not constitute indecency, a Massachusetts court declared on Thursday as it tossed out charges against six animal rights protesters.
Members of the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals were arrested and charged with indecency and disturbing the peace after a chilly rally in March near Harvard University where they stripped to their skivvies and staged a nearly naked pillow fight to protest against fur.

Six months and three court dates later, a Cambridge, Massachusetts, judge threw out the indecency charges against all six PETA members.

All but one of the protesters -- PETA Vice President Dan Mathews -- were also cleared of disturbing the peace. Mathews was ordered to pay a $300 fine.

Mathews told Reuters he was relieved that the indecent exposure charges were dismissed, noting that a conviction on such a charge would have forced him and the other demonstrators to register as sex offenders in Massachusetts.

link : http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6089999
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 7
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:46 pm
Do you agree with the ruling?

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
me? oh now you know we disagree about bodily things Wink Very Happy
why ask me? Wink Razz
i say we should all be cool with our nakedness it is our natural state after all Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
I knew that you would agree to men's being naked ;D.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:37 pm
Wink Razz Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:58 pm
actually I think that charges of "extreme lunacy" could be made against P.E.T.A. members with substantial merit.
nakidity aside.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:15 pm
Are they like our 'activists,' the ones who think that it's better to kill a scientist than a dog? -- Both are evil, but I thought that we tried to throw out the whole 'eye for an eye' thing some 2000 years ago, not to mention 'half a corpus for a fingernail.'

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:16 pm
Col Man wrote:
Wink Razz Very Happy

Heh heh... I mess around with words too much ;D.

0 Replies