Dead Couple to Be Married

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:40 pm
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African man who shot his pregnant fiance dead before killing himself will be posthumously married to her at the weekend.

Police Captain Mohale Ramatseba said David Masenta shot 25-year-old Mgwanini Molomo after a quarrel before turning the gun on himself. But Johannesburg's Sowetan newspaper said family and friends wanted to remember them as a happy couple destined for a happy life together.

The groom's corpse would be dressed in a cream suit and his bride's in a gown for the ceremony, at which a priest in the rural village of Ceres in Limpopo will bless the union before the two are buried, the Sowetan said.

"In African culture, there is no death -- there is merely the separation of body and soul," said cultural expert Mathole Motshekga. "It is also important because the families are married together."

"This does not mean the relationship has irretrievably broken down."

link : http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20040827/od_nm/odd_safrica_wedding_dc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 489 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:04 pm
I think she may still feel a grudge about him killing her. Give her time to think things through.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
I'm wondering where they're registered.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:11 pm
Very Happy in heaven, sister..in heaven Wink
hehe you could say 'its a marriage made in heaven' .. Smile or maybe 'made for heaven' Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:15 pm
Well, it could be other place. I hear they have fire sales.

Yuk hyuk yuk, yes ladies and gentlemen we'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:16 pm
It's unfortunate....a bride should always look her best on her wedding day.... :wink:
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:18 pm
Laughing
yeah right...
given the circumstance of their demise..
i know what you mean Shocked
and here was me being all naive Shocked
0 Replies