The Exsistance of a God!

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 08:10 pm
I believe that there is a God that created the entire universe. I do not understand how people say that it is impossible for the Exsistance of a God, because even if the theory of the Big Bang is true where do you get the materials to make that happen? There has to be a greater power that made those materials and set them into motion. If someone could explain the opposite opinion that would be greatly appreciated!

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 11:31 pm
@zhendrikse,
I think the people who say that are just waiting for some evidence. If you make a claim that there is a god, you should have some evidence to back it up. Not understanding how the universe formed doesn't count as evidence.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:08 am
@zhendrikse,
Some people fill every crack in their knowledge with the magical mortar or God, then stand back and admire their work. Others explore the cracks and slowly fill them with understanding, and relish the idea that they will never be completely filled.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:11 am
Who here has told you that it is impossible for a god to exist? Sounds very much like a straw man to me. I don't believe that there is a god because the concept is implausible, and logically unnecessary. I don't know if a god exists, and i don't care.
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:27 am
@Setanta,
I believe that I will have a waffle
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:46 am
I just had a tasty ham sammich.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:56 am
I've just finished some eggyweg on toast.
0 Replies

zhendrikse

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:08 am
@TomTomBinks,
Where is your evidence that there isn't a God? I as the same question! If you claim that there isn't, where is your evidence?
zhendrikse

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:10 am
@Setanta,
Why would you not care? What is your reason to life if you don't care?
0 Replies

zhendrikse

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:11 am
@rosborne979,
That's incorrect. You make to many assumptions about people who believe in God. If there is no God then where do you get your morals? What is your base? Why would you love? How do you get that feeling?
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:15 am
@zhendrikse,
You make the claim, the burden of proof is yours.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:56 pm
@zhendrikse,
zhendrikse wrote:
That's incorrect. You make to many assumptions about people who believe in God. If there is no God then where do you get your morals? What is your base? Why would you love? How do you get that feeling?

It's absolutely correct.

I make some assumptions, especially when whoever says the word "God" doesn't even bother to define what they think "God" is.

I get my morals from compassion and empathy among other things. But not from any Religion.

Love is not a Moral. It's a feeling. It's natural.

I don't think you've thought our your question very well.
0 Replies