Why would a good and fair God allow suffering?

chai2

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 11:43 am
@chai2,
Also, if God doesn't want everybody, why did he make them?

Seems like he made some people just so he could screw around with them, and watch their pain.

That, is a sadist.
0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 10:30 pm
@chai2,
Jesus is a man. So yes, there should be similarities. But Jesus overrules everyone else. He wins the arguments. There are no victors in the struggle over him. He is the ultimate authority depending on which time you want to look at. At some point, he give the power and authority back to the Father. By then, everyone will be separated. So pick a fight with him if you want to. There is only losing if that is the case.
chai2

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 11:26 pm
@KingReef,
KingReef wrote:

He is the ultimate authority depending on which time you want to look at.

Well then I guess I’ll look at the time when it was realized that in all likelihood there wasn’t even a specific person named Jesus.

This myth holds no authority for me.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 04:17 pm
@chai2,
Are you saying that there is no evidence that Jesus existed?
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 05:37 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Do you see anywhere where I typed that?

I don't play that game where a statement is made, and another asks "are you saying?"

Read what I wrote.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 06:54 pm
@chai2,
Then what did you mean in the first sentence?
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 07:24 pm
@NealNealNeal,
is there a particular word you don't know the definition of?

seems pretty clear, cut and dry to me.

0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2020 09:37 am
@chai2,
Romans 9
22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2020 11:07 am
@KingReef,
Seems like a pretty convoluted and f*cked up way to make your power and mercy known.

Why are you making excuses for this non existent entity that supposedly calls the shots in these cryptic and obtuse ways?

So "what if" he did?
It's a pretty crap way to run a business.

KingReef

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2020 05:24 pm
@chai2,
That's your opinion. All of us Humans have an opinion. God always chooses his people first. That's a basic lesson in the Bible. The difference between what I believe and what many other Christians believe is that God doesn't love everybody. He limited his select before the flood, and he does the same thing now. God's grace is special, for his people. Not for everyone. So now you don't have to expect to receive a life without suffering. If you cannot be brave about it and trust God through the suffering, maybe you were never chosen . . . in other words, you CAN'T. He didn't make it possible for you to trust him.

John 6
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. "
chai2

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 08:23 am
@KingReef,
And all that ^^ is your opinion.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 11:43 am
@KingReef,
KingReef wrote:

The difference between what I believe and what many other Christians believe is that God doesn't love everybody. He limited his select before the flood, and he does the same thing now. God's grace is special, for his people. Not for everyone. So now you don't have to expect to receive a life without suffering. If you cannot be brave about it and trust God through the suffering, maybe you were never chosen . . . in other words, you CAN'T. He didn't make it possible for you to trust him.

And this leads back to what I said at the top of the page.....

"Also, if God doesn't want everybody, why did he make them?

Seems like he made some people just so he could screw around with them, and watch their pain.

That, is a sadist."

https://pics.me.me/member-quote-a-child-who-burns-ants-to-death-with-24332783.png
chai2

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 11:51 am
@chai2,
And the people who choose to go along with this are known as victims of traumatic bonding with a narcisssist

KingReef

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 12:48 pm
@chai2,
chai2,
Well, at least it concerns you in a way that gets you to think about it. Everybody can be angry with God, and rejecting his ways, putting him is a sea of Relativism, it is your way. Most people will agree with you because God isn't promoting the perishing world as friends. Like you, they hate him. You aren't original, you are the mos common.

Galatians 4
27 For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”
chai2

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 01:06 pm
@KingReef,
I don’t hate anything or think about it.
Please don’t flatter yourself that you think you’ve caused me to have some idea that didn’t occur to me decades ago.

I’m responding to you and your absurd notion that there is this thing out there that supernaturally controls what happens. That and the fact you keep responding with further tripe.
KingReef

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 02:52 pm
@chai2,
Okay. I'll try not to flatter myself. Thanks for the advice. It is just that everything about your online personality reeks of pride and self-importance, no humility. Suit yourself.
chai2

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2020 03:37 pm
@KingReef,
Is that supposed to insult me?

You're telling me more of these opinions humans have about others.
It's my opinion of myself that counts, not yours. Especially when another uses it as yet another device intend to make the other person feel shame and deny it.

You'll notice I don't give my opinion of anything about you. That's because who you are is none of my business.

I am proud of myself, and I am an important person. I feel both these things in a very healthy and natural way.
I'm also moral, and ethical, helpful and kind to my fellow man and animals.

I'm certainly not one to cower over a mish mash of myths, non sensical childrens stories and warnings and threats from people who are suffering from delusions.
Pride? Feeling like one has importance in life? Having this brought to the attention of someone with the intent to shame them is yet another tool of a narcissist.

I can't take it personally what another says. Especially one who uses the "it's just that....." garbage, which is intended to take any responsibility away from the speaker for any insult they fling after it, because "it's just that...." Like you're powerless to not finish the sentence, because of the extrordinary force of the person who "just" insists on not falling into ones parameters of behavior that's acceptable to them.

It is absolutley driving your crazy. That's why you keep responding. I respond back to show I'm on to your and others like you, game.

So now, I don't need to do that again.

0 Replies