Explain your Avatar and name

mchol

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:26 am
urs53, my long time child-hood friend was German, and I love the food!! I used to always eat Thankgiving at her grandmother's house (Oma) instead of mine because the food and cooking was delicious!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 06:17 am
My name is my name. I used to have the avatar of a black panther. I loved that avatar, but other folks had it, and I found that people were talking to me thinking I was someone else. I hunted around for something distinctive and found a mare and foal (palominos) running. I loved that avatar despite some complaints from a2kers that it was distracting. Then I got to worrying about the horses running, running, running--whether I was online or not. Running. It made me nervous, so I switched to my current avatar. It's a fuzzy photo of my monster cat Mikey. I like it just fine. No one else has it--and it doesn't move.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 06:41 am
Lol Roberta.. Yes, I understand how one can get confused if the name avatar is being used..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:18 am
My name is Olga.
msolga was my Abuzz name & kept it when I came here to A2K.
My avatar is Felix the cat, a famous Oz cartoon character from way back. He also looks a little like my own cat, Flatty.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:31 am
[edit]
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:38 am
My name comes from the nursery rhyme "The Grand Old Duke of York" because I live in York (the original flavour, rather than any New variety) and because I have a personal army of 10,000 well-equiped stormtroopers which I train by marching up and down big hills. Once, I was distracted mid-march, and I honestly couldn't tell if they were halfway up the hill, or in fact halfway down it. It was indeed most troubling.

My avatar is the cover of The Orb's 1993 live album, creatively titled "Orb: Live93". It is a homage to a Pink Floyd album cover, I believe, and the chimneys featured are from the former Battersea Power Station in London, which is now the Tate Modern art gallery. Like Region Philibis (sp?) I also like my avatar because the luminous green shows up a treat when scrolling quickly down an A2K topic.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:45 am
My screen name is really from my old backgammon days on yahoo, but it was convenient to keep it, so I did.

My avatar, Moe the bartender is as close I could get to my profession, I'm a waiter.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:53 am
Quote:
My avatar is the cover of The Orb's 1993 live album, creatively titled "Orb: Live93". It is a homage to a Pink Floyd album cover, I believe, and the chimneys featured are from the former Battersea Power Station in London, which is now the Tate Modern art gallery.

i believe this is the floyd album cover ("animals") you're referring to
http://bps.fika.org/animals-cover-m.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:19 am
My nick is from "Living Free", the sequel to "Born Free". My real first name is kinda similar to it and I always wanted to be called Jess or Jessie so that all works out. Except that Jespah, the character, was a male lion. Embarrassed See: http://www.examen.nl/php/verslagen/show.php?verslag_id=8984 Note, Jespah had an arrow permanently embedded in his rump. Fortunately, I do not.

The avatar is a sleeping Boston terrier I found on the 'net. No, it's not my dog, I just thought the pup was cute and since I often seem to be sleepy that was a bonus.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:29 am
Region Philbis wrote:
i believe this is the floyd album cover ("animals") you're referring to

PICTURE

Cheers Region. I've got a few Floyd albums but not that one. And apologies for misspelling your name slightly as well. Embarrassed
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:31 am
mac is my initials and occasional nickname. Eleven is my lucky number. Very Happy

My avatar is the Delphic Sybil from the Sistine Chapel ceiling. I always liked her.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:32 am
My avatar represents what turns me on sexually: pale bald white guys with big scars on their face.

My name represents what popped out of my mouth once out of nowhere, most likely drunk.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:44 am
Quote:
Cheers Region. I've got a few Floyd albums but not that one. And apologies for misspelling your name slightly as well. Embarrassed

GD i highly recommend it -- its my fave floyd album.
no problem on the mispellage...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:54 am
I love and adore canines of all breeds and especially mutts. I volunteer in a local shelter and promote spaying and neutering pets. I am not a lover of some human males who would be considered dogs. Posters who have nothing better to say throw that line at me on occasion. Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

My avatar? Just a cut down version of a favorite photo of me my hubby loves. I will change it one of these days...lol.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 09:04 am
My name is from my yester-year days as a football dude in the land of Nebraska. My avatar changes everynow and then - this one I got the photo off a media cd I liked it so I avatarized it - but I might change it soon - well just brain storming or something like that.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:41 am
My avatar is Fwankenstein because he is da bad and scary. Ooh wah oooooooh.

My name is the name I use everywhere. It's my last name. Dauer. It's German. I think it means everlasting or continuous. It has been a nickname at times. I'm hoping to get a different avatar soon that's more personalized. Ooh wah ooooooh.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:43 am
My name is that of the Egyptian goddess of imbecilic ambiguity . . . my avatar is an actual photograph of an Ozzian con artist named Lowan . . . who, i believe, mascarades in lapine form . . .
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 12:31 pm
mchol wrote:
Welcome aboard JoeFX. I too am new, and trust me, the more you hang around the more addicted you will get.

thank you man, I really hope I bite the hook
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 12:44 pm
Piffka is an Ozzian pronunciation of my old screen name, pfk (with thanks to Dlowan) and my current avatar is what I think is an amusing photo of some very old Scottish standing stones. I didn't go to see these stones last time I was in Scotland but I'm hoping that if I look at them enough, I will do that when I go there again.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 12:52 pm
oh. i also thought they were stonehenge...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:39:35