Edit: Moderator: Moved from General News to Human Interest Stories
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 17
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:55 pm
The bear must recognize that he has a problem , and, by doing so, will make his first, determined steps to a clean and sober life. We're pullin for ya bear.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:03 pm
we have a bunch of bears around our property up here in maine and they are a big pain in the ass.
if I can getr a case of Rainier and left it out so theyd drink, pass out and then wake up all hung over, would i be considered an enabler?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:05 pm
Yes, farmerman. And you'd be enabling the bear to drink insipid beer, which is worse. Rainier used to brewed in Seattle; I have no idea where it's brewed now. Sad...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:46 pm
was Rainier a sweet beer? bears go nuts over sweets. My wife feeds our bears. I tell her shes nuts too, because while we are gone they try to get into the big steel building. They havent succeeded but every yeqar we come back there aqre more scratch marks on the sill plates.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:46 am
Not especially sweet. Just the standard local lager. Now, though, who knows. I don't even know where the stuff is being brewed. The brewery is right beside the freeway south of downtown, only now it's the headquarters for a coffee company...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:06 am
The only American beer that retains the local brewery (not microbrewery) feel, is Yuengling. This is one of the finest tasting beers (especially their Chesterfield Ale) and its a well kept secret. I dont think much of it makes it ouit of PA. When we came up to Maine I had to buy several cases for my ex-hippie friiends whove moved to Vermont and MAine yeqars ago. They only miss Yuengling beers and we manage to sponge off them for aa few days by bringing a Yuengling tribute.
I havent drunk it for 11 years but I can still remember the taste , most other beers I only recall as sour tasting headache sauce.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:08 am
Yuengling is as available as Budweiser here in God's Country...good stuff too.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:12 am
That's arguably the Top Human interest story. :-)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31606
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31613
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:49 am
bear-whatare you saying??? Yuengling is Yuengling. Did Budweiser buy them? ohhh Jeezus, isnt anything sacred? i hope they havent started adding piss to the mash and then watering it down.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:09 am
no, farmerman I'm merely saying Yuengling is easy to come by here.....sorry to scare you like that.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 12:46 pm
oh............. never mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:41 pm
It could be worse, it coulda been Iron City Beer . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:44 pm
AHHHH Iron City, Rheingold, and that **** from Baltimore. 3 of the finest headache inducing brewskies made.

Oh yeh National Bohemian ---yaaaag
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:46 pm
National Bo, now there's a horror story from the past . . . don't forget Rolling Rock . . .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:52 pm
Don't forget POC.....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:56 pm
Or the green death:

http://members.aol.com/jax0047/privatestock40s.jpg
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 10:19 pm
Interesting re Green Death: Rainier used to brew an ale (that wasn't really an ale) fondly referred to as Green Death...
0 Replies