Sony Receiver

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:05 pm
If anyone is familiar with older Sony audio receivers, I'm having a problem with mine. The rear speaker outputs no longer work. Nothing happened, one day they worked and the next day nothing. Everything else works fine. It is a model STR-D1011S.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,667 • Replies: 7
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:12 pm
Switched speakers right? Jiggled the speaker wires? Does it have those clip like things to hold the wire?
0 Replies

jeffdavis

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:43 am
Connected rear speakers to the A speaker outputs as a test and both rear speakers work. Connected test speaker to rear outputs and nothing.
0 Replies

jeffdavis

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:44 am
Yes, it does have the clip things to hold the wires.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:50 pm
Darn! Hoped it would be simple. Feel like taking the cover off and looking for a broken wire to the output? I don't know, you're getting into repairshop or new reciever territory.
0 Replies

mediaogre

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:29 pm
Jeff,

Ever find a solution for this? I just plugged some rears back into my STR-DE925 after not having them plugged in for a year. New house, had to tone out the speaker wires in the wall cuz the builders didn't terminate them, yada yada.

Anyway, I get no signal from the rear speaker terminals and I tested both rears in the Front A terminals. I mean dead. No line noise. Nothing. It's like the amp (or part of the amp - kinda talkin out my a** here) just quit. Let me know if you found any news, and I mean ANY news. Also, do you know the Sony receiver factory default reset sequence?

-Greg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:02 am
Seems to be inherant in Sony surround theater receivers. My rear channels went out after about two years of service. I didn't bother getting it repaired by maybe I will and give it to a relative or friend at the repair cost. I replaced it with a Yamaha THX receiver with up to 9.1 surround (includes the two from "presence" speakers which add depth to the front imaging and two sets of surround speakers).
0 Replies

jeffmoon

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 11:19 am
STR-D1011s Rear Speakers & Center Died
I just read your post and my Sony unit has dones the same thing. It did last longer than most people's unit. BUt all of a sudden the rear / center / surround sound portion of this unit has failed.

[email protected]
0 Replies