Received "founded" notice from CPS

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 02:23 pm
My children's father and I (all live together) got in a really bad fight and I ended up going to the hospital and told them I was suicidal and was coming down off methamphetamine and I was begging for help. I was sent home 1 hour later with phone numbers for counseling and drug treatment options. The next day while the kids were at school I had the police show up and question me and then child welfare or dhs workers who then questioned me. I was told my children were also being questioned at school. Well I was assigned a woman from (not sure) an organization to help me get into counseling and treatment (if necessary). I saw this woman one more time for a 2 hour assessment and we made appt for me at behavioral clinic for assessment. After that she called me a couple times and that's it. 3 months later i receive a phone call saying at the end of the child abuse and neglect investigation I was found to be responsible for the Neglect of my 3 daughters (16, 13, 11) He said my meth use resulted in withdrawal symptoms that included perpetrating domestic violence against their dad in front of them.Then i'm told he's closing my case. (?) They say i'm responsible for neglect, case closed. Now my name goes on a central state child abuse registry and I won't be able to go on school field trips with my daughter because i won't pass the background check. I've never been so humiliated in my life, i am so scared...i wanted help that night i went to the hospital and now well...Does anyone know what happens? Am I going to get criminal charges filed against me? I don't understand I can be guilty but my kids remain with me and they close my case. I am a mother who volunteers in my kids classrooms, goes on field trips and because of something incredibly stupid i did I won't get to do that anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,817 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 02:33 pm
Are you abusing methamphetamine?

This is the most important problem. If you don't deal with this problem, then nothing else matters, you will not be able to be with your children. Drug addiction is a progressive abuse, until you go to treatment things will get worse and worse until you lose your children completely.

Drug treatment comes first.

After you deal with this, there may be some things you can do legally to respond to your record. You can talk to a lawyer about this. But until you complete drug treatment it doesn't make any sense to even do this.
Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 12:39 am
thank you
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Received "founded" notice from CPS
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/30/2022 at 01:09:29