Olympic athletes just do it

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 01:39 pm
ATHENS (AFP) - Thousands of free condoms have been snapped up by athletes and officials staying in the Olympic village, Greece's best-selling daily Ta Nea reported.

About 15,000 packets of condoms have been distributed for free by the village's health clinic since the camp opened in early August.

"The daily disposal rate is at about 1,000 (condoms) a day ... athletes take their little boxes with no inhibition, as part of a natural process," the report said.

The condom manufacturing company had donated around 130,000 packets to cover the athletes needs.

"I don't believe athletes actually use them. They just take them because they're distributed for free from two automatic vending machines outside," a pharmacy employee told AFP.

The village hosts some 16,000 athletes and officials.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,349 • Replies: 78
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:32 pm
Re: Olympic athletes just do it
Col Man wrote:

"I don't believe athletes actually use them. They just take them because they're distributed for free from two automatic vending machines outside," a pharmacy employee told AFP.

Laughing What's the point of taking them, then? :S!

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:48 pm
Laughing i didnt notice that bit ... well spotted Laughing
i should really read what i post dont you think?
Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:56 pm
Thanks Very Happy. Well, I always read them thoroughly, so you're all right ;D. Weird, anyway. Like people who steal glasses even though they don't need them...

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:57 pm
Actually Col one of your threads answers the query: They're donating them to India to help build new roads.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:00 pm
well i feel safe now i know ive got you to make sure their alright Wink
and what did osso say in the other thread that was so bad ? it always irks me that cos i just missed it b4 it went
no in fact dont tell me its ok ill just imagine it wasnt there and never existed..dont want to cause probs..

oh and why are you meeting on sept 6th im noticing more and more people have it in their sigs?
please tell me that.... please Smile
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:01 pm
Laughing panzade.. i like it Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:01 pm
We're gonna break the record for participation on A2K
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:03 pm
Go team, go!

What's that about Os?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:04 pm
oh really? what to break th 891 people number?
ok im up for that i didnt realise Very Happy
no one told me Sad
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:05 pm
Did I not? I thought that I did.

Yes, hopefully we'll whallop that number.

However, with about 3/4 of the regulars up for it, we'll need to rely a lot on guests, robots and one-post-members.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:06 pm
oh its okay big d just a post osso posted disappeared i think it was her post anyway you answered something about immigrants and i got a msg to a post in that thread that didnt exist anymore so she must have said something that was somehow deemed bad or wrong that got removed...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:07 pm
Really? It might be something weird, but I truly doubt that Osso would say anything that would merit removal.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:08 pm
This is also the first time I hear this Col Man, about the gathering on September 6th! Thok must be behind this ... :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:09 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31424&highlight=
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:11 pm
Well, we'll Need you there, Rick. You can benefit some way from the mass confusion Wink.

We'll need plenty of random friends to check in.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
OK. Missed that one. Now I have only one question: how late is 3 PM EST in the Netherlands? Does anyone know that?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:17 pm
I'd say 9pm
0 Replies

drom et reve

I do-- it's 9 pm CET, which will cover you.

Unless your daylight savings ends before the 5th of September. When do your daylight savings end?

0 Replies

fortune

Rick, I sympathise, I had trouble figuring out the time here in Melbourne, Oz. Compounding this is the presence of Daylight Savings Time. I've narrowed it to within about an hour of the actual time.

Col Man, I'm not entirely sure but I think you may have your wires crossed. Osso did post on that thread, just on the previous page.
0 Replies