What's in your bag today?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:45 pm
neat list, Mac..

I want to go back and add in my little violet candies that I bought somewhere, to add a certain style to my list, but that would be cheating since I already ate them. They were nifty. I remember the packet was a dollar. The candies were little squares.. They were lovely to taste. But I can't remember where I got them, sheesh, not one of my routine places. Maybe I got them when I got off the freeway in Healdsburg...
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 12:50 am
Oooh candy.. (mouth waters...)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 01:41 am
Everyone in New York carries a bag of something. It looks sometimes as if there's a city ordinance preventing anyone from walking the streets without one. If you see someone in New York without a bag of something, it's because they are on the way to go get a bag of something.

Most times you see people with a bag of something and their backpack.

In my backpack today there is:
the current TIME magazine.
The Science section from yesterday.
A contract to be read.
a book I just found of short stories from Granta
The charger for my Palm

and at the bottom is the "kit":

The kit is my hooded jacket
with N-95 dust masks in the pockets
along with a small, really bright, Xenon flashlight and extra AAs.
A Wave multi-tool (knife, pliers, etc.)
a tiny AM/FM radio.
One pair of socks and fruit of the looms
a ball cap from Life is Good

All this is rolled up very tightly and resting in the bottom of my bag.

Every once in while, while on the subway or in the back of a cab, I pat my backpack to make sure the kit is there.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:12 am
I have a similar kit, but it is in the trunk of my car and includes some water and emergency food. The dust mask is in case of volcanic eruptions.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 09:07 am
Wow
Oh my. Kicky said this would happen, but I didn't believe him. This thread is still going strong. This is really a HOT topic. Kicky . . . you're becoming more attractive with each passing day. I don't know how much longer I can resist. . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 07:30 pm
Try biting down on something really sour.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 07:49 pm
I'm going to resist the obvious smartass comment that Joe set up so nicely for me. Instead, I'm just going to say, there ain't nothing for it, Debra. There is no cure for Kickyitis, but it can be controlled with daily shots of Kickycillin.

How silly I am.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:45 pm
I know you will all be thrilled, I found a link for those violet candies...

http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/chowards_violet.html

There is another link that describes them as the worst candy in the world. I suppose I should check it out.

Silly Kicky, you must be fun to work with..
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:45 pm
Yeah, they love me at work. They refer to me lovingly as "Yes, that's him officer. That's the man who put his..."

Then there's a lot of running around and shouting of obscenities, and a brief struggle, followed by a nice nap in a police car.

Aaaah, good times...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:52 am
The best part about grape gum is the really cool look on people's faces when you open your mouth real wide and show them your blue tongue.

I was doing that yesterday during the board meeting.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:49 am
Just came back from two days at my hunny bunny's house... Here's what's in my suitcase.. (Yeah, I need a SUITCASE for just two days, I'm a tad bit narotic.)

1. (3) shirts. 1 brown/pink tanktop, 1 plain white tee, and 1 multi-pink stripped blouse.
2. (3) bottoms. 1 pair of A&F jeans, 1 pink Diesel bottoms, and 1 pair of grey sweats.
3. 2 pairs of socks / undies
4. 1 pair of boxer shorts, 1 pair grey shorts.
5. 1 black blazer
6. 2 pair shoes: 1 clear top heels and 1 pair sneakers.
7. 1 towel 1 washrag
8. toothebrush
9. oil of olay face lotion
10. suave sweet pea body lotion
11. round brush
12. curling iron
13. make-up: loose poweder, loose shimmer powder, concealer, eye brow pencil, sharpener, 7 color eyeshadow, black liquid eye-liner, 1 clear gloss, 2 pink gloss, clear nail polish,1 pink lipstick, 1 frosted lilac eye pencil, & clear overtop mascara. (I don't wear a cake on my face, meaning all my make-up isn't put on all at a time... Lol I jus like variety)
14. pantene pro-v conditioner (i love pantene)
15. deoderant
16. planner
17. book of art

and these are the contents of my suitcase....

I won't mention the purse.....
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:50 am
My golf clubs. I'm goofing here until my tee time.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 06:19:44