What's in your bag today?

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:44 pm
I just got back from the park, and in my black duffel bag was a pillow, a towel, a walkman, my italian dictionary, my book of italian verb conjugations, my italian lessons from class, a legal pad and a pen, a pack of Marboro ultra lights, and a bottle of Poland Springs.

What about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,473 • Replies: 111
No top replies

Thok

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:50 pm
I have no bag. simple :-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:55 pm
<singing> Ain't no drag,
Papa's got a brand new bag!
http://search.able2know.com/About/12921.html

Okay, me, hmm, an umbrella, my wallet, coupons (food shopping tonight), pens, an eyeglass repair kit, Advil, a teeny tiny hairbrush, nail clippers, a Listerine pocket pack and slips of paper telling me when to next see my dentist and OB/GYN.

Man, that makes me look like a hypochondriac. Who's going food shopping and has neat hair, but still a hypochondriac.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:00 pm
My bag is still packed from yesterday... DVD's for the film program (Chateau en Vie, Rage in Placid Lake, Grave of the Fireflies), a notebook, two pens, some brochures, my empty Starbuck's iced latte insulated cup, lip gloss, and a small sack of red vines.

Uhmmm, yummm. Red vines.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:04 pm
there's one frood who knows where his towel is.

some pens, some dirty clothes that i haven't bothered to unpack in the half-filled new apartment yet.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:05 pm
Thanks, Kicky - I decided to clean up my act after seeing all this stuff:

Normal stuff: Book - "A Walk on the Beach", Breath fresheners, Stamps, Check book, Note pad and pen
Umbrella, Bills, receipts and other miscellaneous papers, Comb, An old scratch card, shopping list, money, credit cards and the like, keys, business cards, a ticket stub to shrek 2, airplane ticket stubs, cell phone

A bit more unusual: Nail Polish, Thread, a child's head band, twisty and bracelet, a free sample of dove hair products, a sample of pampers wipes, Some phones numbers on scraps of paper of which they have no name

Very unusual: Metallic tissue paper, A paper with my scene Barbie on it

And the winner for most unusual - Believe it or not a pair of long underwear bottoms
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:26 pm
Wow, interesting stuff.

Okay, which one of you wants to make love to me?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:30 pm
not it
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:34 pm
eenie meenie minie mo...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:38 pm
I have to confess, that was me (has to do with the metric system, dontcha know). But you'll have to put up with me using an inhaler.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:42 pm
Oooh that's kinky Jes...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:45 pm
I was hoping it would be you, Jespah, you hot, sexy thing. Very Happy As long as you don't bring your husband along, I'm all yours, baby!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:46 pm
No duffel bag
I don't have a duffel bag.

In the side pocket of my purse, I still have the ticket stubs from the last movie we attended on 7/05/04.

Inside my purse, I have a leather coin purse containing lots of heavy change and about $50 in bills. I once used this coin purse as a weapon against a strange man who thought he could unzip the back of my dress while I was talking on a pay phone. He won't try that stunt again.

I have old receipts and papers stuffed inside my purse. I think I need to sort through them and toss what I no longer need.

This thread is not the most exciting thread on A2K. It doesn't make me want to sleep with anyone. Sorry Kicky. I think you need to work on your pick-up threads a little more before you can score.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
Debra, you might not think so right now, but in a few days, when this thread is still going strong, you'll be checking back in. And then you'll start to thinnk, hmmm...this thread is interesting. That Kicky is so clever, and charming, and maybe even a little bit sexy...

After that, it's only a matter of time.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 04:57 pm
In my bag today, eh? Do you really wanna know?

Actually, its probably quite boring ... lemme go check.

OK:
- A pumpkin bread from the good bakery
- Last bit from the bread I was eating before (hey, I was broke for a few days there - lived on bread with butter, lunch and evening ;-))
- Package of paper tissues
- Umbrella (whats up with all of us carrying around umbrellas, anyway? Hello, its SUMMER! Thats depressing ...
- My agenda, a fat beast of a thing in which I keep too many things ...
- A pen
- Notepad
- A package I received in the mail yesterday from a dear German friend, which I'm saving to open when I really need to find some cheer or comfort
- Envelope from the Work/Income Centre, with the response form we have to fill in re: our employer's request for permission to fire us all at the end of the year - havent felt like looking at it yet, but had to take it to work for a colleague to copy
- to-do lists and programmes for the conference we're organising in September, so I can perhaps do some work on it in the weekend
- questionnaire a colleague made and asked feedback on, same reason
- beautiful book with photos + articles, was reading it in the cafe this evening
- front pocket 1: matches, another pen, more packages of tissues
- front pocket 2: money, keys, drycleaners receipt, old train tickets, bank passes etc

Thazzit.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:19 pm
Quote:
- A package I received in the mail yesterday from a dear German friend, which I'm saving to open when I really need to find some cheer or comfort

Check for airholes before you put it aside. Dead hamsters don't bring much cheer or comfort.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:23 pm
LOL!

Funny that - I actually just talked with A. tonight, had given her a bag of presents (like, stuff I'd found over the past few weeks that seemed like she'd like it, but wrapped up nicely) - but because of, err, circumstances, I already thought she probably hadnt opened them yet. When she brought it up I told her to open at least one of 'em, cause it had something perishable inside (homegrown baby capsicum) - dont wanna find some wrinkled funghy thing in a week's time!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:24 pm
Finding fungi in packages isn't always a bad thing. Not at all.

One of the great things about moving is finding little presents you've hidden for yourself and/or forgotten about...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:42 pm
My mini knapsack is fulla stuff.

A Happy Meal car race game. A pair of socks in case I have to walk home in another power black out ( and a tiny bag of salted nuts for the same reason ), Canadian Tire money, Canajun money - bills and way too many Toonies - they're heavy, a resume I'm working on for a neighbour, a coupla sets of keys, two mini makeup kits, some store points cards, kleenex, female plumbing supplies just in case, a buncha antihistamines, some glittery tiny hairpins, the glasses I'm not wearing, a Listerine pack, one of those Japanese facial powder paper packs, house keys, car keys, gate key, plastic poop bags. I think that's it. Considering how small that bag is, it's quite amazing to people what I can pull outta there. hmmmmmmm, I think the swiss army knife is in there right now too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
nimh wrote:

- Envelope from the Work/Income Centre, with the response form we have to fill in re: our employer's request for permission to fire us all at the end of the year

Wha...? Shocked
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's in your bag today?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 08:19:08