Do we REALLY need that?

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 08:46 pm
Jespah had started a thread looking at the Wacky Wacky Web - I'd like to do the same for some of the stranger consumer products on offer. Hey, they used to be at the back of those cheap magazines, they offered dubious solutions to non-existent problems - and the Net's full of them!

I'll kick it off with a beauty.

Quote:
You no longer have to be embarrassed by the untimely passing of intestinal gas among your friends or family. GasBGon has been designed and tested to absorb the odor and sound of flatulence. Clear the Air, not the Room

Any others you have seen or read about?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,969 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 08:47 pm
Whoops, better include a link, http://www.gasbgon.com/
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 12:14 am
WOWEE A fart filter in a seat cushion and all for
the low low price of less than $20. This is better
than a blue light special. Let me go grab my
purse. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thank you Mr Stillwater, you have provided me with
a superb bit of entertainment, on an otherwise quite
quiet evening.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 08:23 pm
From the very Down Under of Down Under:

The Final Indulgence, Custom Coffin makers. They're offering,
Quote:
a meaningful alternative for your family and friends and making a statement about yourself right to the very end

Check out the great designs, my favourite would be 'The Traveller'. Sorry to disappoint, but you can't take it with you!!Final Indulgence
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:43 pm
The EMF Safety Store - a range of clothing, bedding, and the latest in the 'tinfoil hat':

http://www.lessemf.com/images/a210.jpg
Cool, and it stops the CIA from broadcasting into my brain!

Curiously enough, they also sell "Schumann Devices" - that protect you from 'ambient EMF' by producing powerful 'quasi-standing EM waves'. Hey, they've got laboratory research AND anecdotal evidence!! Would they lie!??

EMF Safety Store
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:28 pm
Tit Pillows

TitPillows

http://www.titpillows.co.uk/pix/usage2_small.jpg
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:31 pm
Pet mummification

Summum - The Millenium of Reconciliation

"Mummiform finished in a marble patina is $6,000. Mummiforms finished in solid colors or gold leaf are $8,000. Mummification and a custom designed Mummiform in the likeness of your pet begins at $14,000."

Also comes with do-it-yourself "Instructions for Mummifying your Small Pet" link.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:00 am
Ok, sign me up for The Roller, for the afterlife, with some TitPillows, y'all convinced me!!!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:22 am
Lobstergram anyone? Be careful what you order! Shocked

Woman sues lab over mailing of leg
Wednesday, January 29, 2003 Posted: 11:11 AM EST (1611 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- An Alaska woman, shocked to receive part of her dead father's leg in the mail instead of the gourmet "LobsterGram" she was expecting, has filed suit against the Houston, Texas, firm that sent it, alleging mental anguish.

LaMara Lane wants $1 million for breach of contract and the mental anguish that beset her after opening what she thought was a food gift delivered to her home in the Alaskan town of North Pole, according to the lawsuit filed in federal court.

But Identigene Inc., which does DNA testing, said it was only following orders from a North Dakota judge when it shipped the leg to Lane last year.

"We have a court order that says send it to this place and this woman," Identigene President Caroline Caskey told Reuters. "I feel like I'm in 'The Twilight Zone.' "

The odd saga began in 2000 when George Semmens died in North Dakota. He left his $200,000 estate to Lane, who was his only child, but whose mother he never married.

A sister of Semmens challenged whether Lane was his daughter, which resulted in a North Dakota judge ordering his body exhumed for DNA testing.

Identigene confirmed that Lane was his daughter.

Tony Buzbee, an attorney for Lane, a 41-year-old teacher's aide married to a hunter, said the leg arrived in a container designed to keep contents cold, which led Lane to believe she had been sent a LobsterGram, a popular gift in the frozen north.

Buzbee told the Houston Chronicle that Lane was so shocked "she's had to store the bone and flesh in her neighbor's freezer."
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:57 am
fishin - I saw that story yesterday and sent it to Count Zero for a midday laugh. My favorite part was that it included the word "LobsterGram".
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 07:05 pm
How did she know it was her father's? A tattoo? Monogrammed shoes?

However, nice to know that the man took care of his daughter - though it did leave his sister without a leg to stand on!!! Ba-boom-BA-BA-boom!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 07:13 pm
Not straying too far from home here. What kind of a business would use the slogan "Say it with dung"?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 08:34 pm
Don't leave Earth without this!!

Earth Location dogtags
0 Replies