Welsh ban strippers in limousines

Col Man

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:39 pm
LONDON (Reuters) - Strippers and pole dancers should be banned from performing in stretch limousines, according to a British report.

Councillors from the mountainous Welsh county of Gwynedd said many limousine hire companies were providing the erotic dancers as entertainment for clients, but in-car striptease was an "inappropriate" activity.

"Lately, stretch limousines have been used more and more," said the report, released on Tuesday.

"Some operators are providing entertainment to clients within the vehicle which may involve inappropriate activities such as lap dancing, giving rise to concerns about indecency."

The new proposals recommend a blanket ban on striptease, lap dancing, pole dancing and "any other activity or performance of a like kind".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 464 • Replies: 9
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:13 am
I agree with those propositions... (even though I disagree with such exploitation anyway.) They're not exactly the greatest way to keep people's minds on the road...

0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:34 am
They were getting the seats all sticky. It was a matter of preserving the leather. :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:43 am
well REALLY, in my day we did all that in the backseat of a '57 Chevy or mom's Oldsmobile stationwagon. What's with this younger generation and their need for Limos? Actually, in my case it was a '48 Packard.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:49 am
I am in favour of the blanket ban. Who needs to see a stripper covered up with a blanket?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:54 am
Laughing i always did appreciate your lateral way of reading cav Wink

im amazed this stuff goes on..well maybe im not...

i know i guy in leeds who hires limos..
he always struck me as a sleazebag...
especially after he spent half an hour raving on and slobbering about how great thailand was....
this brings a whole new light to what hes doing with his limos..
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:02 am
Laughing I was actually planning on rewriting the piece, emphazing the words stretch, mountainous, used, pole, and of course, blanket ban.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 01:55 pm
A '48 Packard, dys? Oooooh..... Wink

(Sounds much more roomy than a Datsun 280Z..."Watch out for the shift knob!")
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:00 pm
So who drives stick?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:02 pm
My highschool boyfriend with the red & black 280Z in the early '70s, cav. Wink <LOL>
0 Replies