Do international institutions promote or redress inequalities between the wealth of nations?

colota

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 08:04 pm
1000-1500 word report including illustrations and theories
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 506 • Replies: 3
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:40 pm
@colota,
Are you asking if someone will actually write the report for you?????
colota

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 04:18 am
@glitterbag,
yes and also for pointers. like suggestions on what you think on the topic. How you would write the report
Olivier5

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 05:14 am
@colota,
Hard to cover this meaty subject in 1000 words = a couple of pages worth of text.

I would start by defining "international institutions", which I suppose refers to the UN, World Bank and the IMF. Then I would look at one or twho of these institutions' formal goals, how their governance systems gives a premium to the richest nations' influence or not (eg the one-country-one-vote system of the General Assembly vs. the veto system of the Security Council), the critiques the most frequently laid at their feet (e.g. World Bank perpetuating poverty through blind support to corrupt and unequitable regimes, etc.), and how these institutions are responding or have responded to these critiques.
0 Replies