Religion v Technology

Nat23

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:49 am
My friend is Muslim and she uses her mobile constantly for religious purposes. She puts using her phone for religious practices first before using it solely for communication. I find this fancinating and was wondering if anyone else does this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,007 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 11:23 am
Exactly how does she use a mobile phone for religious purposes?
0 Replies

Nat23

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 12:21 pm
Shes Malaysian and a devout Muslim. She uses her phone to find Mecca. Because of her job she is always on the move and doesn't always know where the nearest mosque is, so she uses her mobile to find it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 12:50 pm
Look, I'm a Luddite of the first water. Wouldn't a compass be more of a help in locating Mecca than a mobile phone?
0 Replies

Nat23

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:20 pm
I have no idea, she didn't really give me anymore information. I was hoping that people who do use their phone to find mecca would be able to offer me more of an explaination.
0 Replies

phoenixdown

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 02:40 pm
sounds like she might be using the GPS somehow. If she is, then it does make sense, because it seems that it would be faster and more precise than using a compass, but then again, my cell phone doesn't have GPS, and I haven't had much experience with it, so this post should probably be taken with a grain of salt.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 04:13 pm
I know lots of people that utilize technology for religious purposes. Every Sunday morning millions of people look at their watches and say "Oh ****! time to get to church!". Very Happy
0 Replies