Rogue clouds -- are they a menace?

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:53 pm
I hope I chose the right forum to ask this particular question. I was driving through Pennsylvania last week, on my way to Vermont, when I pulled into a truck stop to get some gas and use the bathroom.

I had been driving straight through from Iowa and after this brief rest stop one of my friends was to take the wheel.

I was exhausted and looked forward to the change of drivers.

From here on out, my friend would drive, the other friend would ride shotgun, and I could stretch out in the back seat and sleep.

As we pulled out of the rest stop and back onto the freeway I stretched my arms and yawned. I was about to tell my friend goodnight or some such thing, when I happened to look out the window.

A brilliant blue sky. Filled with those enormous, white, puffy clouds. I forget what you call them, something like "Cumulus Stratospherius" or "Puffomatic Flotacius"

But anyways, I'm staring at these huge mushroom clouds lazily floating across the azure sky, slowly drifting off to sleep, when suddenly a rogue cloud approaches the car.

I bolt upright.

Something is wrong! This is a friggin' menacing cloud. It's too close to the car and much, much too dark.

I try to tell my friends, but they have the music blaring ( Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song") and they fail to hear me. They just continue driving down the road, their heads bobbing to the music, and my screams are carried away by the primal wailing of Robert Plant.

I look back at the rogue cloud. A face stares back. A German soldier in one of those helmets with the point on the top.

He whispers something into a microphone and then the cloud darkens and I lose sight of him.

Now, I'm sweating. And screaming.

But my friends are still unaware of the hell that is breaking loose around them and continue to drive in their drug-induced fashion.

Soon, more dark clouds appear. More German soldier faces appear. They just stick out of the cloud for a second, look around, and then dart back in.

So, this is it. We are being invaded by Germans in dark clouds. They are all around us.

Back to my science question: Is it possible for human beings to control clouds in such a manner as to hide blimps or some other sort of floating structure?

Might we be in the midst of an invasion without realizing it?

Damn it, people, I'm scared, and I'm looking for answers.

I only pray that the "Science & Mathematics" crowd at A2k can calm me down and tell me that there are no Germans in the clouds -- that my imagination has reached a crescendo not seen since the days of McCarthyism.

Is it too much to ask for help from my A2K brethren?

I anxiously await your guidance.

Gustav
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,882 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:56 pm
I think you are supposed to break apart the sheet of acid instead of swallowing the whole thing.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:58 pm
Ah, Joe, you have traveled down the same road.

Thanks, brother.

I knew there were a few of us left.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:00 pm
Did I see you at Woodstock?

Were you the one writhing in the mud and screaming " The Gorlocks are here! The Gorlocks are here!"

Or was that someone else?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:01 pm
Laughing

Sounds like you had a Hunter S Thomson (Thompson?) experience! Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:05 pm
Ahhhh, msolga is here.

I knew when I was in the depths of despair that my true friends would show up.

The words of msolga are like a salve for my soul.

I feel better now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:09 pm
<SMOOCH!> Razz
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:12 pm
I was one of the Gorlocks. We had a lead singer named Tony, or Pony, I forget. We played a lot, a LOT of Doors and Three Dog Night and once we played In aGadda da Vida for seventeen hours,

then I had to pee.

There was a back room at this place in Texas my friend Uncle Woody had where the walls melted and the floor was swarming with these long black eely looking things, sometimes they looked like floorboards but not often enough.

I just called the Pennsylvania State Police and reported your cloud. The officer was very nice and said I should have a good night's sleep. I guess because I've done my civic duty.

If I had a D string on this guitar I play some In A Gadda for u all.

Joe
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:31 pm
Joe, I think you're trying to trick us! I don't really believe that you were a member of the "Woodstock Generation".

I think you're a kid, Joe.

I think you're trying to find out what your parents did in the 60's.

Ain't gonna work, Joe.

We see right through you, kid.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:44 pm
Re: Rogue clouds -- are they a menace?
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I look back at the rogue cloud. A face stares back. A German soldier in one of those helmets with the point on the top. He whispers something into a microphone and then the cloud darkens and I lose sight of him.

Probably a rare sighting of a Pickelhaubeius Helmetus Puffaloid. Here's a picture of one which has just disguised itself as a "normal" cloud. See how crafty they are?

http://www.dhv.de/deutsch/sport_termine/pwc00/downunder/2306_cloud.jpg
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:47 pm
Gus
I am convinced the ominous clouds are a reflection of your stunted psychosexual development.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:47 pm
"gussssssssssssssssss............ gussssssssssssssssssssss"

http://seekers.100megs6.com/RememberDream/memory-vedder-L%20%20Face%20in%20Cloud.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:56 pm
Debra's words cut like a knife when she wrote:
...am convinced the ominous clouds are a reflection of your stunted psychosexual development.

Stunted?

<gus slowly walks to the yellow pages and looks up psychosexual development enlargement pills>
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:34 pm
stunted
don't walk, run to the yellow pages and seek help. . . Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:14 pm
What about Psyagra? I hear it works for many psycho-sexual problems. (Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, headaches and lycanthropy)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:26 am
My thoughts are with you Gus. Hang in there buddy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:21 pm
I used to have a roommate who was an evangelical Christian, who was always screaming something or other about "the plague of the indecent cloud formations." I think he actually wrote our congressman about it a few times. From what I hear, the poor fellow eventually had a nervous breakdown and ended up institutionalized.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:39 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
I used to have a roommate who was an evangelical Christian, who was always screaming something or other about "the plague of the indecent cloud formations." I think he actually wrote our congressman about it a few times. From what I hear, the poor fellow eventually had a nervous breakdown and ended up institutionalized.

What's that you say, an Evangelical Christian turned out to be unstable and was institutionalized?

Oh well. It sounds like he saw some clouds which were a lot more interesting than Gus's cloud. I think clouds are like 3D ink blot tests... you tend to see what you want to see Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:50 pm
Yeah, I stopped him early on from raving to me about it (which had a deleterious effect in my homework) by saying, "I don't see anything at all in the clouds. You just have a dirty mind."
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:47 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Yeah, I stopped him early on from raving to me about it (which had a deleterious effect in my homework) by saying, "I don't see anything at all in the clouds. You just have a dirty mind."

He musta loved that Wink
0 Replies