Is Trump the product of the Internet?

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 12:48 am
I heard Trump uses Facebook and Twitter responses to determine his campaign and shape his topics (if you could call them that) in his speeches. Is he the ultimate "troller?" Is he gaining votes because he appeals to every ignorant ranter on the internet?

RABEL222

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 09:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Yes!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 09:31 pm
He could live and also die via the internet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 09:53 pm
@Lilkanyon,
He attracts the older, uneducated people. Because of that, he has no chance in winning a presidential race. By his own reckoning, he's also a xenophobe and racial bigot. I think most people see that, and know he doesn't qualify to become our president. He may be rich, but not that smart. His assets hasn't increased with the value of the stock market. He's claimed bankruptcy four times. Trump University was a fraud and a farce just like him. His wealth only allows him to be a loud mouth. The media loves him, because it sells.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 09:55 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Aren't we all products of the Internet?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 03:58 am
Trump first explored the idea of a run for the White House in 1988. There was an internet then, but precious few people used it, and it was certainly not a part of the everyday lives of most Americans. No, Trump is not a product of the internet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 12:45 pm
@Setanta,
Trump is the product of white supremacy, racial bigotry, and ignorance.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 03:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And now that people can be anonymous on the internet, reveal their deepest darkest hearts and not pay in society....is that what we have become?
Is he feeding on that? Is he all the pundant ignorance and bias, mixed with the hater fringe? I am an absolute believer in free speech, but hate speech reaching to a prez candidate and making a front runner? It scares me. What happened to our parents America? What happened to the America, that when I was 10 years old, I couldnt imagine living anywhere else? Now I am ashamed. Trump! As a front runner!
I saw this coming years ago. After Obama was elected, all the racists and bigots and haters of change came out the woodworks, like vermin. I was hoping we were a better country then this.
Clinton may not be perfect, but tbh? I think we need a woman back to back of our first black president just to spit in the face of every racist, bigoted, back water, return to the fifties sorta society. For people to see we have had enough of that. Get with the 21st century or get out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 04:40 pm
@Lilkanyon,
For as many faults that Clinton brings with her, I much prefer her over Trump 24/7 and into the distant future. The Trumps of this world are narrow minded bigots and dividers. He wouldn't know how to build a bridge even if Christie was in his corner. All the wall building bigots will support this small minded idiot, and I dare say there are just too many of them to feel comfortable.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 04:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am an avid fan of WW2 history. Every time I see Trump speeches, a split screen of him and Hitler apear in my mind.
When he speaks of removing 11 million illegal immigrants, I see cattle cars full of fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers...
When he speaks of Muslim denial, I see pograms where mosques are burned and muslim owned stores ransacjed. Night of the Broken Glass repeated.
As westerners, Americans, we speak always of the evil of Hitler and how that could possibly happen.
I told my husband, what stops Trump from Hitler is free speech and congress.
He is already speaking of curtailing the press that critisize him through an amendment. And GOP leaders are starting to resign themselves to him! They hold both houses! Will we repeat Germany's history? Slippery slope has already started.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:59 pm
@Lilkanyon,
and killing millions and millions of Jews. Don't forget that. Let me know when Trump starts killing and burning folks.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2016 10:06 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Trump's threat to removing 11 million illegals is impossible. They're not going to identify themselves, so how is he going to know who they are? That's the first BS. The second BS is that the cost will be prohibitive. Is he going to pay for it? 1. The cost to hunt them down. 2. The cost to investigate their legal status. 3. The cost to ship them home.
Impossible. As usual, Trump is full of bluster and BS.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 01:09 pm
Do you guys watch 60 minutes? Trudeau, the PM of Canada is interviewed. Hes what I believe, the progressive agenda, of love, not hate. Of acceptance and understanding, not suspicion and racism. Granted, they go through a heavy screening process in Cananda, as they should, but Canada has taken in 25k Syrian refuges, through a policy of aceeptance. I believe they are doing the right thing. Trudeau is the same age as me. I find that fascinating because he can be the bridge between two worlds, the young and old. He is the exact opposite of Trump, cant be more different.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 01:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Most people are the exact opposite of Trump. He's a racial bigot, white supremacist. That he garners so much support only shows bigotry is alive and well in this country.
Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 01:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Overly so. Scarily so! I expected a fringe vote for him, but not like this! I bet the GOP is regretting (in their private thoughts), being so hard on Obama and encouraging their extremist side. Very few of them in town hall meetings have righted the misinformation about Obama over the years. Hes Muslim, anti american, pro welfare black agenda that is crushing the white man. How many have curtailed that stupid talk? None! Cuz the more they villify him, the better chances of re election. Even now, the debates, those cowards still say they will support the republican nominee, even if its Trump! These asses dont care about the people of the US, only their own warped, dysfunctional POS party they allowed to fall apart since Newt Gingrich, Tom Delay, and especially since Obama took office. They are spoiled brats that cant handle losing, so resort to dirty tricks through pundants and media to smear the truth. And then surprised that the outcome is Trump? They are getting exactly what they deserve! And unless Trump grows a brain and Clinton screws the pooch, Dems will have, at least, another 4 years in office to torture them with too!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:46 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Nobody can argue will ignorance that still claims Obama is a Kenyan. Birthers who likes Trump just proves how stupid people really are, and they want him to become our president.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One more thing about Trump. He denied knowing anything about the KKK and David Dukes. Trump is ignorant if he thinks the American people buys that kind of stupidity and lie.
My guess is that Trump will win about 30% of the votes from like thinking scums.
Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I lived the days of David Duke. i was a college student in LA in his time. Even hardcore repubs of the deep south didnt vote for him. They chose a criminal Dem instead. Even after 21 years of being raised there, they make no sense.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:04 pm
Maybe he's not just the product of the internet; maybe he exists only as part of the internet?

But then why is he so keen on shutting the internet down? Doesn't he know that that would destroy him?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:06 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I agree with those who have said he is not a product of the internet. The internet is simply increasingly a part of all of our lives and it plays an increasing role in everyone's campaigns.

Trump has flirted with politics for a long time, but his breakthrough now is a product of broad anti-establishment sentiment. So is Bernie Sanders'. This is the real story that is not going to go away, regardless of whether Trump or Bernie do. There is a groundswell of antiestablishment sentiment that is probably going to grow when neither antiestablishment candidates win. That I do think has an internet component to it, in that information is much less centralized and there is less barrier to entry for ideas in the marketplace for ideas.

I think this dynamic is here to stay for a while.
0 Replies