TO DO: 'MUST ROB BANK'

Col Man

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 07:09 pm
A forgetful robber wrote a note to remind himself to rob a bank.

Police raided John Sarver's home after he became a suspect in a bank robbery.

Their suspicions were confirmed when they found the to-do note "rob bank" in his home.

Sarver, 48, was jailed for 10 years after pleading guilty to robbing six banks in Kansas City in America.

He was also ordered him to make pay the bank back more than £7,600.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 859 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:07 am
At least in the UK, they'll KEEP him in jail. Ya'll are much stricter over there and that's a GOOD thing. Wish it was here too.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 12:58 pm
O, it's not, AW, as Col will agree.

They let child-murderers off after ten years, in the case of Thompson and Venables;

The law is so messed up that even the highest judges often muck it up;

In R v G and another, the House of Lords said that precedent, even a bad one, should be tested for at least 20 years before being discarded;

Most offences (theft, indecent assault, battery, etc) are now summary and most get off with a fine because of the overcrowded prisons.... and these are just four negatives. Things are barely strict at all. This guy a few months ago, who raped viciously, was let off with one and a half years' imprisonment and Apologised To because the original judge gave more.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 01:50 pm
yeah i agree with drom..
it is real messed up here Sad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
like she says... if you kill or molest a child or even rape someone you only get a few years in jail.... Shocked Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
its a bargain for the crims Shocked
i checked the recent crime figures and last year there were 34 rapes a day Shocked and 3000 violent incidentes every day Shocked
the horror of it all Shocked
thats why im emigrating too..need to find a country where people still love each other...
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 01:53 pm
it not the prisons that are at fault
i think is a society based on money, greed, hate and division thats at fault...
thats the joke they dont want to send people to jail for too long cos it costs the tax payer money...
oh the irony of it all Wink
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:05 pm
It's absolutely ridiculous, isn't it, Col? Your reasons for leaving the country are exactly the same as mine were. I never wanted to live in a country in which they put a price on stopping the mindless destruction of lives.

Look at Ian Huntley, or that multiple rapist who won the lottery; it's ridiculous to see the number of times that they got away with rape. They are just two examples-- there must be thousands others.

I found that it wasn't even safe to get on a bus Sad.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:24 pm
tell me about it...
there probably millions of others
anyway dear i dont want think about it im still stuck in central hell and it only makes me want to try prozac Wink
so tell me drom, if your still there... where are you in the world today? tell me something thats not about england..if u dont mind...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:09 pm
I'm in Warsaw at the moment, waiting for my arm to be seen to; I'm writing an adaptation of Julius Caesar at the moment, set in a banana republic in Latin America, too. I'm waiting to get somewhere cooler, to tell you the truth, as I can't support the heat. But I've been enjoying myself, cooking up some theories and basking in Poland's wonders... when the sun's not been frying me, that is..

(Look on the bright side; you'll be away soon! You really should go ahead with the Argentine idea ;D)

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:37 pm
awesome Smile sounds cool
yeah i know im not here forever is only the fact i know i get to leave soon that keeps me going Wink
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:57 pm
This is something serious indeed; he's a troll; I'll PM you about it.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
ok Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
Unfortunately, and it's worse than you'd think Sad

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:16 pm
ok Wink
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 04:35 pm
Oh, Drom & Col Man,

I really hoped that the devolving penal penalties had not reached from the US to the UK. This is awful. Why is it that perpetrators cannot do the time they should?

I'm at a loss and wonder over the unfairness of it.

I thought the US was the leader in releasing prisoners well before their time was up.

Drat it all.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:32 pm
Britain has over-crowded prisons? No way! That's never happened before! :wink:

<says she who lives in the land formerly known as a prison colony>
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:38 pm
yeah fortune Razz and dont you forget it Razz you criminal you Wink
my dear we did you all a favour...Very Happy
gave you a paradise while we ended up in hell Wink
thats karma for us..
having said that ive been reading about your drought situation down there....is it bad in melbourne too???
hey at least the aussies ended up mostly laid back and friendly unlike us english who are generally stressed and not so friendly Smile
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:01 pm
As for the drought, we don't feel it too much here in the city, except for the water restrictions, but it's bad for the farmers, a lot have lost their livelihood because of it. Unfortunately, along with a laid back attitude we also ended up with European farming methods which simply don't work here in a semi-arid environment.

The Australian environment is a funny thing, it goes in large cycles, so far white folks have only seen a part of that cycle (we've only been here a couple of hundred years). We don't really know what's in the future.

In addition to that, although Australia is a land full of lush and beautiful plantlife, the soil is absolutely terrible. But all the native plants have had millions of years to adjust to low nutrient content and long periods of drought. So when the old British arrived they thought to themselves "Wow, we can make this place just like good ol' England!" Unfortunately, most of the English plants just can't hack it. The ones that do go feral and start strangling the native stuff and hogging all the good soil.

The animals are a problem too, the cows and sheep eat everything that's edible and trample anything that's not. The rabbits are just everywhere and the foxes kill our cute little marsupials. Camels, cane toads, wild pigs, I could go on.

<pauses to gasp for breath> So, in other words, we got so many eco problems here we don't have time to be stressed over the little stuff. Very Happy
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:07 pm
wow far out Smile
thanks for that....
that was a cool answer Smile
never realised any of that stuff Shocked
lets hope one day we learn to live with our environment instead of trying to force it to live with us....
i never knew you had camels in oz..far out
hmm and yes i can imagine european farming methods don work either
oh well good luck for the future Smile
im hoping that youll still be there by the time ive saved enough cash to visit you all.... Wink
by the sound of it id better save quick!!!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:23 pm
No problem! Smile

Oh, they brought the camels over to work in the desert, they thought they'd work out better than horses. Speaking of which, brumbys (wild horses) can also be found running around from time to time.
0 Replies