Russian scientists claim discovery of alien spaceship wreck

Col Man

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
MOSCOW (AFP) - Russian scientists claim to have discovered the wreck of an alien device at the site of an unexplained explosion in Siberia almost a hundred years ago, the Interfax news agency reported.

The scientists, who belong to the Tunguska space phenomenon public state fund, said they found the remains of an extra-terrestrial device that allegedly crashed near the Tunguska river in Siberia in 1908.

They also claim to have discovered a 50-kilogram (110-pound) rock which they have sent to the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk for analysis.

The Tunguska blast, in a desolate part of Siberia, remains one of the 20th century's biggest scientific mysteries.

On June 30, 1908, what is widely believed to be a meteorite exploded a few kilometers above the Tunguska river, in a blast that was felt hundreds of kilometers (miles) away and devastated over 2,000 square kilometers of Siberian forest.

But the exact nature of the body that exploded and its origin remain a mystery which has spurred countless theories and controversies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 871 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 03:54 pm
Re: Russian scientists claim discovery of alien spaceship wr
Col Man wrote:
MOSCOW (AFP) - Russian scientists claim to have discovered the wreck of an alien device at the site of an unexplained explosion in Siberia almost a hundred years ago, the Interfax news agency reported.

That site has been pretty carefully examined over the years. One wouldn't think that previous researchers would have missed the alien space ship. There has been speculation for years that a quantum black hole passed through the Earth.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:03 pm
???????

Black hole passed THROUGH the earth?????

Got an explanation of how that happens? I thought black holes sucked stuff up, but I never really understood them.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:05 pm
apparently u can get teeny weeny black holes or something
they do this sort of thing...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
Col Man wrote:
apparently u can get teeny weeny black holes or something
they do this sort of thing...

Right. Quantum black holes are believed to have been formed during the Big Bang. Surrounding trees were felled, but were pointing inward not outward. I remember reading about this in popular science books as a boy.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:13 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:15 pm
Could it really be ...

... that these scientists drank too much vodka?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:16 pm
Quote:
The hypothesis that it was a meteorite or any other extraterrestrial object has not quite satisfied inquisitive minds, since too many puzzles remain unsolved. A geologist Vladimir Epifanov, Siberian Research Institute of Geology, Geophysics and Mineral, reported to the recent Conference "Degasification of the Earthe" (Moscow) that the reason for the explosion could have been a powerful fluid jet suddenly shot up from the depth of the planet.

Extensive carbohydrates accumulations exist in the area where the alleged 'Tunguska meteorite' fell down. Two abyssal breaks in this area split the sedimentary rock containing the gas-and-oil fields and gas-condensate fields sealed up by basalts on top, the basalts streamed from multiple fissures and volcanoes 200 million years ago. The epicentre of the explosion is located just above one of the ancient craters. The scientist assumes that the gases associated with the oil deposits, and methane produced in the depths of coal beds were accumulated under a thick cover of basalts and then they broke free one day. It seems that a moderate earthquake could have promoted the process.

The gas kick started nine days prior to the major explosion, a narrow jet of gases rushed up southbound. The fluid jet from under the earth was accompanied by dust, and the wind carried the dust to the west. In the upper layers of atmosphere a layer of aerosols was formed. This layer charged with electricity could have produced the fatal 'sparkle'. It put on fire the top of the liquid jet, and the fire ball rushed towards the Earth. In the oxygen saturated layer of atmosphere the fire ball exploded, the blast wave stirred up the ground, and the gas discharge ceased.

The conflagration was in full swing in the area of explosion, however the trees in the epicentre remained alive. An ice dome was probably formed around the place where from the gas discharged, similar to that as it gets formed in a refrigerator when the gas goes through a narrow opening and then gets into a large chamber. It is interesting to note that the local carbohydrates are rich in helium, which could have ensured the H-bomb effect.

Vladimir Epifanov is perplexed by some circumstances of the Tunguska catastrophe, the extraterrestrial hypothesis being unable to account for them. For instance, not all the trees in the epicentre got burned. Judging by the strength of the blast wave, radiation burn, pine-tree mutations and other parameters, the event resembles the H-bomb explosion, except for high radiation.

The motion path of the exploded body is such that it could hardly be a spaceship or a meteorite, the substance of which has never been found in the soil. All these facts have made the scientist think about an earthly nature of the explosion, particularly because such conjectures were made more than once by researchers in different years. Thus, in the middle of the 80s A.A. Rastegin, geologist from Novosibirsk, pointed out that the epicentre of the explosion was indeed located above a major gas accumulation.
from theory about Tunguska
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:18 pm
That's awesome! I wish I had a mind that could fully comprehend the space science concepts.

My son asked me what a light year was the other day. I said we should look it up on the internet. (Meaning, Mom can't really explain it) He said I was ruining it and asked again what a light year was. I said I didn't know. He said...

12 months on 1200 calories. (Ba da bing)

Didn't dare ask him back "What's a black hole?" He's 13. Not an age to ask that question.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:27 pm
heehee

Ya know, when I lived in the new agy Santa Fe I saw tektites that were supposedly from this blast crater. They were very pretty - sort of olive green and glassy with a smooth to pebbly surface.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:29 pm
Aha! They're moldavites:

http://mineral.galleries.com/minerals/mineralo/tektites/tek-38c.jpg
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:46 pm
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:07 pm
I'd love to see that stone....