ABBA may mean Father

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 03:51 am
ABBA is in Mark 14:36, Romans 8:15, and Galatians 4:6 of the Holy Bible. The Swedish singing group may mean Father.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:03 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
The Swedish singing group may mean Father.
Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad = ABBA (stylised ᗅᗺᗷᗅ)
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:09 am
Winged unicorns may fly out of my ass tonight, too . . . but if i were you, i wouldn't bet the farm on it.

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ, as the group was known, derives its name from the names of the members, Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. Dog save us from the religious loons. (They can be entertaining, however.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:10 am
Walter was faster than i was.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:17 am
Warning: This video may contain some mild Scottish swear words.

peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I know that ABBA is the acronym of the members of the group. I am presenting another way.
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Don't worry, he barely understands elementary school English, Scots will be completely beyond his ken.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 04:52 am
@peacecrusader888,
You mean you're making sh*t up, you're lying--that's par for the course with religiously obsessed people.
peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 05:21 am
@Setanta,
Do you know who the "friend" of "Fernando" was? Who were "We" in 'We were young and full of life and none of us prepared to die"? That means a very long friendship until they were old and grey.
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 05:23 am
Have you considered psychiatric counseling?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 05:29 am
Some people became obsessed with Agnetha's backside--so much so, that she was careful to present it to cameras as often as possible. There's a facebook page about it entitled "Agnetha's Amazing Ass - Arsel." I kid you not.

There's thousands of images online about Agnetha's ass . . .

http://www.blogstudio.com/woodgnome/AGNETHA%20BUM6.jpg

How does Jeebus feel about Agnetha's ass?

http://images.f169bbs.com/content/2015-01/post-abba-stuff-9486.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:50 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

I know that ABBA is the acronym of the members of the group. I am presenting another way.
Actually, they are originally named "ABBA" after the well-known fish-canning company in Sweden. (Other alternative names were "Alibaba", "FABB", and "Baba", but in the end all the entries were ignored and it was officially announced in summer 1973 that the group were to be known as "ABBA.")
Your version is totally unknown (haveyou ever been to Swden in the Abba museum? Met them?)

peacecrusader888 wrote:

Do you know who the "friend" of "Fernando" was? Who were "We" in 'We were young and full of life and none of us prepared to die"? That means a very long friendship until they were old and grey.
As mentioned above, all those background informations are to found in their museum.

To quote Bjӧrn Ulvaeus: "Religion is the root of so much misery in the world and I’ve always thought there is lack of criticism against it." (He is a member of Humanisterna, the Swedish humanist association, and like the other [former] members of the group well known in Sweden for publicly criticising religion.)
roger

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 01:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Actually, they are originally named "ABBA" after the well-known fish-canning company in Sweden. (Other alternative names were "Alibaba", "FABB", and "Baba", but in the end all the entries were ignored and it was officially announced in summer 1973 that the group were to be known as "ABBA.")
Your version is totally unknown (haveyou ever been to Swden in the Abba museum? Met them?)

Walter, that's a side of you I never even suspected. Outstanding.
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 06:39 pm
@roger,
a thread about ABBA, wow. Next thing someone will start one about Chaka Khan
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 11:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

To quote Bjӧrn Ulvaeus: "Religion is the root of so much misery in the world and I’ve always thought there is lack of criticism against it." (He is a member of Humanisterna, the Swedish humanist association, and like the other [former] members of the group well known in Sweden for publicly criticising religion.)

It turned out that ABBA means God the Father.
peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 11:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

peacecrusader888 wrote:

As mentioned above, all those background informations are to found in their museum.

I have not been to Sweden. Could you please state here what the museum says?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 11:34 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
It turned out that ABBA means God the Father.
Do you think that someone of the band spoke Aramaic) [אבא (abba)]
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 11:36 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

I have not been to Sweden. Could you please state here what the museum says?
I did so. (All what I wrote is documented in the museum.)

You really should go there: they host the "Abba Fan & Friends Day" on 23 April 2016 .
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 03:03 am
May I as a Swede have a word in this discussion.
Those who said that ABBA stands for the names in the group are absolutely right.
ABBA in the Bible really means my Pappa, This word then has been used in abbé, abbot, abbate and abt also abba, abuna (our father)
As the majority of Swedes know what abbot etc. means that it is a leader of a cloister they would never use it for a popgroup or anything like that.
ABBA the fishfactory. Here the name comes from AB Bröderna Ameln a firm from Bergen Norway founded 1838. Moved to Stockholm 1906 and took the name ABBA in the 1920s from AB Bröderna Ameln.

Both ABBAs are shortenings from Swedes`names. Has nothing to do with the bible.
peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 07:30 am
@saab,
Thank you for your explanation, saab. So it took more than a hundred years before ABBA became the Swedish singing group.

The spirit of Ama recommends that we (plural) use the King James Version because it is nearer the truth. And Abba is Father (not my Pappa) in the verses cited.

1. Forums
  2. » ABBA may mean Father
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 04:41:12