Relative fed to wedding guests

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:42 am
Four members of a family have been charged with murder for allegedly killing and eating a relative during a wedding reception -- and serving his flesh to unwitting party guests.

At the July 17 wedding of his daughter, Eladio Baule got angry with his cousin Benjie Ganay who tripped and accidentally touched the bride's bottom, said Police Inspector Perla Bacuel at Narra town in Palawan province.

A few hours later, Baule, his son Gerald, another cousin Junnie Buyot and a nephew, Sabtuari Pique, allegedly confronted Ganay, then drove him to a secluded place where they stabbed him to death, Bacuel said.

Buyot, who surrendered to police and is acting as a witness, told police they then roasted Ganay's body using coconut leaves and kerosene, Bacuel said.

Baule senior later forced Buyot to take a bite of Ganay's flesh, which he claims he threw up but was then forced at knifepoint to swallow, Bacuel said.

Buyot told police that the group returned to the party and served some of Ganay's cooked remains to guests who were still celebrating the wedding, Bacuel said.

"It was perhaps due to their drunkenness. They probably didn't know what they were eating," he said.

Buyot reported the incident several days later to a local village leader who took him to police.

Pique also surrendered, and Baule and his son were arrested.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 497 • Replies: 8
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:45 am
Don't forget the A-1 Sauce! Yea, it's that important.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:05 pm
Did he taste like chicken?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:02 pm
I'm surprised nobody thought of this before. I certainly have a few relatives that ought to be eaten rather than allowed to attend family gatherings. Doesn't everyone?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:03 pm
I think it's just sick.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:13 pm
Rick, I see that youre a "seasoned member" now what seasoning might that be? schlurp schlurp thhp-thhp-thhp-thhp.

A nice chianti perhaps?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:24 pm
Farmerman you are also a "seasoned member". For you nothing less than a '68 Bordeau
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:29 am
"Cousin Benjy came over yesterday for dinner. More Chianti?'
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:46 pm
For what I know I have never eaten any of my (human) familymembers. Well, aunt Edna of course, but there's still a discussion going on whether we should consider her human or not. And than there was Fluffy ...
0 Replies