How Do I Get Back to Being Me?

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:41 pm
I posted for several years as plainoldme, using an email address I no longer have. I have no idea what my password was, because it was created too long ago. My computer was infected with a virus two weeks ago, in the midst of what is turning out to be a series of bad events.

The email address that I used for 8 years was never known here as another email addy was also in use. I tried every variation of my former password to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can restore my own identity?

farmerman

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 05:29 am
@OpheliaSiobhan,
why not change it to "Stillplainoldme" and be done with ot. Sometimes getting to the bottom of a computer issue just is not worth a glass of spit.
jespah

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 06:58 am
@OpheliaSiobhan,
Try to log in and click 'I forgot my password'. A link will be sent to whatever email address you were using for A2K.

If you don't have access to that email account, restore access to it before you attempt the above.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 08:07 am
@farmerman,
I vote for "plainoldmeaswas"
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 08:17 am
@OpheliaSiobhan,
Are you wanting to change your account to a new working email address?

If you log in as plainoldme page and go to the bottom of the page and click "my account"........it should be possible.
0 Replies

OpheliaSiobhan

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 01:53 am
@jespah,
I can't log into the old account as I stopped using it years ago and do not remember the password. Frankly, the account was swamped with commercial messages. The bad part is that my Yelp account was linked to that account and I can't reconstruct the password.
OpheliaSiobhan

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 01:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
Gee, I wonder where the aswas comes from?!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 05:38 am
@OpheliaSiobhan,

"I can't log into the old account as I stopped using it years ago...."

This was from only a couple of weeks ago........

http://able2know.org/topic/307854-1#post-6105201

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How Do I Get Back to Being Me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:25:07