Are we witnessing the supplementation of Bumblebeeboogie?

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:01 pm
Remember the days when a steady stream of bumblebeeboogie topics graced the A2K board? She covered the globe in her quest for off the wall subjects to sate the appetites of the knowledge-hungry denizens of A2K.

We were treated to daily doses of stories unavailable in the local papers. Like the one about the Pope howling at the moon while 13 naked nuns danced feverishly around him, playing fiddles and stomping their left feet in a crazy rhythmical beat.

Or how bats in Peru fly in perfectly straight lines every year on March 12th.

Or how a certain amount of chlorine in swimming pools would potentially cause a disruption of the limbric system.

These were great stories and I looked forward to my daily dose of BBB offerings.

But there is a new sheriff in town. And his name is Col Man.

Like rapid machine gun fire, Col Man's posts are splattered across the board. The subject matter, like BBB's is thought-provoking and diverse.

But what will happen to BBB?

She struggles to her computer to post a story, her once-reliable fingers racing across the keyboard, but alas, her efforts are in vain -- Col Man has already covered that subject matter.

BBB's head drops down. Summoning her last bit of strength, she turns her computer off and slowly makes her way to the window.

A tear trickles down her cheek and in a barely audible tone she whispers, "What happened? I ruled that board. "

She sits in her chair and day turns into night. Now there is only darkness and one can hear the soft sobs of the lady who was queen.

Well, damn it, folks, I'm not gonna sit by and watch as one of the most revered members of A2K is reduced to tears.

I'm going after Col Man.

That boy has got hell to pay!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,771 • Replies: 44
No top replies

fortune

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:04 pm
Laughing

On contemplating certain advice I have recieved, I am thinking of starting up a revenge for hire company. Any takers?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:04 pm
What a hoot! BBB became a shill for the DNC. She's been busy. If you haven't noticed, the election is right around the corner.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:09 pm
Election?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
You see what I'm talking about? That's the kind of information I would have received from BBB!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:11 pm
By the way you old goat herder. Wonderful writing. You have a gift.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
You know, Gus. For the first time in a while, this thread made me feel down. The biggest problem is, I'm not certain why.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
I'm ready and waiting for orders sir Ratzenhofer!!!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 04:47 pm
Gustav, you may have eaten pigsy, but I stand behind you on this one!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 05:01 pm
I was wondering where that damn pigsy had gotten off to.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:34 am
Gus
Gus, I'm back.

BBB
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:57 am
So, Gus, what do you suggest should be done?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:58 am
O, good, BBB (my only comrade in choosing off-kilter options in Deb's votes)
; I'm glad to see you around again.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:11 am
I think both BBB and Col Man can work together,as their posts are really quite different. He's a hippie, but he does have a heart of gold. We share a hair bond, although his is indeed much longer than mine. I feel that A2K should not be deprived of either poster's offerings.

Gus, I feel your pain, so I will PM your e-mail address to both BBB and Col Man so you can receive the daily updates from both of them personally. I'm a fan of both, and would hate to see a war develop just because one swamp-dweller doesn't like hippies, or sex with humans.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:13 am
Re: Are we witnessing the supplementation of Bumblebeeboogie
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Well, damn it, folks, I'm not gonna sit by and watch as one of the most revered members of A2K is reduced to tears. I'm going after Col Man. That boy has got hell to pay!

The rumors are flying now.

Upon BBB's return, I heard that Gus goated BBB into a turf war.

She immediately twirled her keyboard, blew off the dust, and warned Col Man: "This board ain't big enough for the two of us."

Col Man stroked his holster of news in a provocative manner. He replied, "Yeah right!"

The showdown at the A2K Corral begins at noon.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:17 am
Re: Are we witnessing the supplementation of Bumblebeeboogie
Quote:
Upon BBB's return, I heard that Gus goated BBB into a turf war.

nice freudian slip!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:21 am
Laughing!

Cav, of course, is right; yet, a rational and well-thought out conclusion is never as satisfying as total mayhem, so I suppose that it will be ignored SadVery Happy.)

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:25 am
Not a slip at all
Ah, not a slip at all.

You see, when talking about Gus, you must take "goated" literally. When he goats someone, that's akin to what other people do when they "goad." Gus actually took his goat and rammed it at BBB in order to convince her to take action. The Gus method of goading is goating.

Whew. I'm glad we cleared up that misunderstanding.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:32 am
BBB
What I love about A2K is that we are happiest among a witty confederation of world class dunces.

Cav, you know anyone can P.M. me any time they have nothing better to do.

BBB Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:34 am
Gus, you fine hunka man. Your troops are reporting for duty. We need our instructions. This cannot go without action. We must strike preemptively. Col has WMD's! I have it from a reliable source... I think.
0 Replies