Amazon-Post revisited still again

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 02:35 pm
My q is gonna sound silly to many of us, esp those not terribly interested in current events. However Amazon fields a regular set of links for recent favorite articles in the Washington Post. But if you are, then I suggest you contact Amazon (or the Post?) to get on their list

Problem is, it comes so often, each with typically a dozen or two new entries; and as every title or link suggests a subject of interest I'm overcome by overchoice

So I need various simple, quick means to generate a random number. For instance adding the figures in today's date, 1-8-15 yields 24: So I count 4 titles down from the top, then if of any interest at all, open the link

Using birthday, 11-11-30 of course drops me 'way off the page; though at 85 I've forgotten my sons'. Or I could count the number of books on the shelf beside my work station; though the disadvantage being it's not as random and so I'd overuse it

The present time of course might somehow qualify. But where 12:30 also probly too big, 12 + 6 gives 18. So anyhow you get the idea

Thanks to any other such as I; though yes, no, I do wonder sometimes if we're entirely okay up there
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,025 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 03:01 pm
@dalehileman,
Forgive me Friendly Participant but give up what, and why
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 03:44 pm
@dalehileman,
I think whoever tagged that meant that this doesn't sound like something anyone here has a response to and posting it over and over again is annoying to them.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:02 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thank you Bob but my OP asked something entirely new

As for the many critics so bored with my threads, I have repeatedly invited them simply to skip all my postings, that I wouldn't be the least offended
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Come on fellas, I'm serious. Glancing at documents on the wall before me, for instance, I note many random numbers. For instance my January goal for watering at 2871 cu ft, a total of 18

Still I'd like it to be more independent of the immediate environment

Also I'd avoid any system regularly producing sequential numbers, which might place consecutive searches under the same title

Yes, to the esl, I'm sorta kidding; but on the other hand, not entirely
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:34 pm
@dalehileman,
Come on, dale, that's reneging.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 01:00 pm
@dalehileman,
Help me somebody: I still have 17 if 'em in my Inbox

Actually should probly admit at this juncture the real reason for my OP: Finding the service so very interesting to the intellect, it's one I highly recommend to all a2k

However it is very time-consuming. But am I still kidding

Well, the a2 thinker knows nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else
dalehileman

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 03:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Seriously fellas, they keep piling up, while I can't decide what to read next 'cause all the titles are so interesting. Amazon has gotta be given credit
0 Replies