Hitler and The Big Lie

cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Oh, I thought it was a two stick popsicle.
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:36 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Hitler is dead. The obsession with him, however, lives on.

Well, that is one popular notion that many people subscribe to; however, that supposed "obsession" also diverts attention from all the people that were quite happy that the Nazis were eliminating Jews from the society, so they can live in their houses, own their furniture, and have their positions in hospitals and universities, not to mention use the gold in their teeth to buy their acceptance in certain unnamed countries, after the defeat of the Thousand Year Reich. My point is everyone is just a "victim" of that bad, bad man (read sarcasm). Even the Austrians say they were victimized by the Anschluss, conveniently "forgetting" the welcome that was given to the German troops.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Many, including the US, still wear the swastika. Isn't the freedom of speech wonderful?

You have to define many as in a few thousands in the US with a population of 350 millions or so.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Dec, 2015 07:16 pm
@BillRM,
Actually, the swastika incidents in the US may be small - according to my quickie search on the net.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Thu 31 Dec, 2015 05:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
"Many, including the US, still wear the swastika. Isn't the freedom of speech wonderful?"

A legal scholar said it years ago:"One of the prices we pay for free speech is the obligation to tolerate speech we find offensive". I think it's a price I can live with. It's worth it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 31 Dec, 2015 06:26 am
Hitler and The Big Lie

vegetarianism?
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 31 Dec, 2015 06:41 am
Are you sayin' Hitler only ate vegetarians? I didn't know that.
0 Replies

FBM

Thu 31 Dec, 2015 06:50 am
0 Replies