Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:13 pm
If god is the creator of all things and is top dog ,and Satan was his best angel till he and a third of angels liked to party and were thrown out of heaven, the Angels are now dark angels and the leader Satan runs the crew . Why don't god just take Satan out ?????KILL HIM AND THE DARK ANGELS he holds the key to the universe

edgarblythe

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:18 pm
@DYSLEXIC,
Fiction doesn't work like that. Take out conflict, the story dies.
0 Replies

DYSLEXIC

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:26 pm
The story dies ????????? SO ITS MADE UP THEN
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 12:47 pm
@DYSLEXIC,
It's for the same reason that the villain in most movies reveals his plan. It's how fiction is written.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 29 Jul, 2015 01:34 pm
my friend Marj asked her daughter to take the devil out to the curb

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413CCQX519L._SX300_.jpg

she's trading her devil in for a shark
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 02:25 am
@DYSLEXIC,
Quote:
Why don't god just take Satan out ??

Maybe he just didn't know any good restaurants
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 03:19 am
@DYSLEXIC,
On a serious note, why didn't Joaquin Phoenix kill Russel Crowe? It is the sovereigns dilemma.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREYNuBoOG2MN1StIZxS4ky7-XN2drxMPoq3AZYuEHDl3Azob6y
The story of the bible goes as to explain a rebellion, a challenge to the sovereign. The people chose the rebellion, so the god allowed the challenge to play out, with the caveat that it would be temporary. Once the challenge ultimately failed the god would restore order and the challenge could never be made again.

The story is putative, and the actions of the supposed god are up to you to evaluate. Plotlines are easier to follow when you read the book.
roger

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 03:31 am
@Smileyrius,
The people? What people?
Ionus

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 04:12 am
Satan was an advisor to God, sort of a devil's advocate . When the Hebrews are exposed to dualism through Zarathustraism in Babylon, then they need a story to explain the dualism in their religion . Borrowing from reality, the number two tries a coup .
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 04:24 am
@roger,
The ones supposed in the garden of eden, Eve, and then Adam
DYSLEXIC

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 05:07 am
Well Lucifer was the good looking one, and was a cool guy that's why a third of the angels hung out with him. GOD became frustrated at Lucifer being popular and a bit vain . He was a threat so he had to go , no wonder he got pissed and became the devil, a bit drastic to kick out your best angel just because he was cool . The life style god wanted was a little to slow for a third of the angels I can get that . Being bipolar I live a wild life in manic times but I also love it, of course not the depression that follows but even that can be productive, SO I would want stimulating in heaven, not be a boring angel sat on a cloud with a load of the same old same old.
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 01:15 pm
@DYSLEXIC,
Hmm.
God, as the story goes, certainly had the power to zap the mutineers on the spot.
BZZZT Exclamation
But, then you and I would not have been born.
Maybe there are other issues involved !?
0 Replies

roger

Thu 30 Jul, 2015 03:51 pm
@Smileyrius,
But, as I heard the mythology, Adam was first and the fallen angels fell before there was a garden of eden.
0 Replies