Royal seal of approval

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:35 am
A pensioner who makes cakes for her son's market stall has proved her home baking is fit for a prince.

Etta Richardson set up a stand with her wares in the square of her home village of Llansteffan, West Wales, when Prince Charles visited last month. The 74-year-old gave the Prince some boiled fruit cake made to her mother's recipe and was "chuffed" when, weeks later, a member of the Prince's staff got in touch to ask for more.

"He said it was the nicest cake he had ever tasted," said Mrs Richardson, whose family has been in business in Carmarthenshire for 40 years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,273 • Replies: 36
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:45 am
I feel happy for the woman; but don't feel that it's worth millions and millions to keep royals living like... Royals.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:51 am
thankfully i see you arent so brainwashed as the rest of em are......
its the way they see love that does it
comes from the time when the king/queen loved their subjects and their subjects loved the king/queen
old habits die hard...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:03 am
O, I wanted the Royals to live in a council flat even when I was about ten. If the monarch love her subjects, it's only because they give her more money than any other monarch in the Western World (why else should she want to be so seperated from the hoi polloi?)

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:10 am
hahahaha
your funny Very Happy
i never realised you were english..for some reason i had this imagination that you were from eastern europe or central asia
crazy eh Smile
yeah its alright for some
especially the monarchy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:41 am
Yes, I'm an English émigrée, which is why I have the right to complain about the place so much ;D. I am mostly English, but my heritage is very varied.... people say I look more Dutch :-?.

(Central Asia? -- well, I am moving to Armenia; perhaps that where you got that idea from?)

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:31 pm
You look Dutch? Let me guess: blond hair, blue eyes, and tall?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:36 pm
Well; dark hair, blue eyes and tall... but people say that I speak and look Dutch. Even though I was born in England and just recently emigrated from it.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:38 pm
And: is it a compliment or an insult?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:39 pm
That people think you're Dutch.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:55 pm
O, I think that the Dutch are great, so that's a compliment, I guess. But, truly, I have no real nationality so I couldn't give a damn what I was called.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:03 pm
Thanks for the compliment. If I were foreigner though I would probably not like the Netherlands. Too cold, too egocentric. I'm definitely going to emigrate one day.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:23 pm
To where, do you think? You could come over to Armenia with us, if you want! And what do you mean by egocentric; egocentric as a state, as a people?

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:28 pm
funnily enough i feel the same way as drom does about nationality
i dont look english either a lot of people think im an american, cos i look like an american native indian, its probably the long dark hair and the way my face is and when i grow a beard everyone calls me jesus which i dont find so funny either
although some people think i look a bit german too
but in reality i just like to consider myself a human being and i dont like the fact everyone has to label me all the time
ive been to amsterdam when i was younger for new year for a week.... i liked it
yes it could have been a bit warmer but then so could england
i found the canals very cool and i liked the weird sounding ambulances
i smoked lots of pot cos i did that back then and was very stoned and sick and i ate some great food
i loved all the pastry shops
didnt really get chance to meet many dutch although i met a couple of dutch women in argentina this year and they seemed friendly enough
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:38 pm
I agree with everything that Col says. I always meet Dutch people on my travels to bizarre places, and end up speaking French with them, for some reason!

This is a very tenuous link, but did you hear of that guy pretending to be Jesus, asking women to bubble-bath with him? Gee.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:52 pm
ahh the joy of getting on together Smile
ha i never heard of the bubble bathing jesus
if i had id have sure to have posted it here Wink
i could try it as a chat up line next time i grow a beard Wink
'hey baby im jesus.... i got a holy bubble bath.... come with me and bathe and ill give you everlasting love' Very Happy

anyway drom now we are back maybe it was the moving to armenia thing i heard that made me think that way about you (that you came from central asia/eastern europe thing).
what is there in armenia? why there? have you got armenian amor? Wink
someone told me i was born in armenia two lives ago in a place called alexandropol but i cant be sure they were serious...hmm is tiblisi in armenia?
and is there a town called kars too?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
I always agree with you, unless you put everyone in the same bathtub Very Happy.

Laughing Laughing Who would want to date JESUS? That's the thing. Dating someone who looks like Jesus is fine, but dating someone pretending to be Jesus? Fooling around with the second coming? Now, that's weird! Laughing

I am going to Armenia to live up in the mountains in Dilijan-- to be on here, to write, etc... I chose there because although the economy is depressed, Armenia is virtually crime-free and beautiful... pero no tengo ninguno amor armenio...

Tibilsi is in Georgia; and Kars, I don't know. Yerevan is in Armenia.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:27 pm
wow ok thats really far out man
sounds cool, just like argentina but without the crime......
i really cant believe your english and you think like this, about armenia that is, not jesus Wink
all i know about armenia is its somewhere east of greece and south west of russia
is it near the crimea?
no tienes amor armenio? pobre drom, es una lastima....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
That must be the other nationalities in me kicking in, then Very Happy.

(And, I bet that there are some English who would fall for Jesus-imposters Neutral!)

I don't think that it is near the Crimea; it's near Turkey and Greece way.

No tengo ni un amor armenio, ni un amor. Sin embargo, éste hecho no es una lástima; soy romántica, y el romance generalmente no es parte del amor moderno...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 04:37 pm
you know to say i studied spanish for seven weeks only its amazing how much i can understand Smile
no romance really isnt part of modern love (sorry i cant be bothered to reply in spanish is too much for my poor brain)
well you never know when your knight in shining armour will ride into your life and whisk you away Wink
im not very romantic either but i am honest Smile
cool ive never got to use sin embargo in a sentence... i always liked that phrase Smile
fact is... if you dont find love...love will find you Wink
0 Replies