Anyone Famous From YOUR High School?

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:42 pm
Recently i was talking to a teacher at my school, Spanish River, and he started naming some famous ppl who went there. (Most btw i didnt recognize). However i learned that Brian Warner (aka Marilyn Manson) went to my school and i saw his picture in the yearbook (he didn't look nearly as weird). Also football legend Chris Carter went there and also lives in my neighborhood though his house is hiddne form view.

So i was wondering if any of you had any famous people that went to your high school?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,541 • Replies: 84
No top replies

Eva

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:47 pm
Rick Bayless, the famous restaurateur (Mexican restaurants in Chicago) and cookbook writer. Ooh, I had such a crush on him when I was 15!!!

(I bet Cav knows who I'm talking about.)
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 08:50 pm
Lol Mexican restaurants own
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:00 pm
The only person that comes to mind is the Astronaut, Tom Jones...is an astronaut considered a famous person?... (Kenwood High School Class of '73). He was a year ahead of me and signed my yearbook when I was a Junior. About four years ago he came back to give a talk to the students at Kenwood and I attended. I took my old yearbook with me and he signed it again!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:05 pm
quite a few Cool

celebrities who went to stuyvesant high school in nyc:
robert alda
martin brest
james cagney
ben gazzara
lucy liu
paul reiser
tim robbins
ron silver

there are lots more on the site's list, but they're known for academic achievements.

one famous person from '83 (my year):
kate schellenbach, drummer for luscious jackson, was in my homeroom Smile

new york sports fans will recognize these guys:
len berman
sam rosen
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:09 pm
Wow! That's a pretty impressive list Region. Cool

Who is Martin Brest. Confused
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:10 pm
Nice I wish my last name was Brest
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:14 pm
Quote:
Who is Martin Brest. Confused

Martin Brest is a movie director...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:18 pm
El-Diablo Brest....hmmm... has a nice ring to it.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:20 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Nice I wish my last name was Brest

Razz hehehehehehehe

0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:26 pm
panzade wrote:
El-Diablo Brest....hmmm... has a nice ring to it.

How about...

Harry Brest
Ima Brest

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:45 pm
Mariah Carey went to my High School; she graduated in '87 (I'm from the class of '79 so of course I didn't know her). Also, the State Assemblyman from that district, John Flanagan, was in my graduating class; he succeeded his father in, um, '86, I think.

The school we all went to is Harborfields High School in Greenlawn, NY.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:42 pm
Rusty Calley
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:30 am
There's only one I know about. Dave Corzine (played pro basketball - San Antonio, I think) was in my graduating class ('74).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:45 am
Linda Gray (Dallas) went to my high school, Notre Dame Academy in west Los Angeles, a year before me. Donna Corcoran, not famous now, but then... was in the original Angels in the Outfield, the movie - she was in my first grade, at St. Monica's in Santa Monica. Thinking thinking... Joel Siegel, he has become a well known movie reviewer.. he was an editor of the Bruin when I went to UCLA.

Roy Walford, the fellow who worked on aging, and was involved in the Biosphere project, used to sit in the Biomed Library across from me, all the time, staring at and through me. Urgh.

Thinking... well, that is all I can think of re school right now but I may be back.
0 Replies

Zxincubus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:48 am
I'm still in high school Embarrassed But I intend to be famous after :wink:
0 Replies

lemonegg2001

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:13 am
Only I know is Er Nie
He is the one who wrote the national anthem for my country and still using it.

Does that count?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
Neil Sedaka played the piano for our assemblies. Louis Gossett Jr. graduated the year that I was in 10th grade. I remember how excited we all were, when he got a part in "A Raisin in the Sun".
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:45 am
Pat Buchanan and William Bennett, plus a scattering of Admirals, Generals and undersecretary's of various Federal Departments all graduated from Gonzaga High school in Washington DC.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:49 am
Aha, that reminds me, GeorgeOb, that Maureen Dean (John Dean's wife) went to my high school a couple of years after me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anyone Famous From YOUR High School?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:44:45