Stoping Other Preachers?

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 03:34 am
Its a sin to try and stop someone who is preaching wrongly. Only people in their ignorance think they can stop someone they don't agree with. But it is a sin to even try.

Matt 13:24-34
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 "He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 'Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,
32 "which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."
33 Another parable He spoke to them: "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
(NKJ)

Most people that try to stop someone else is just ate up with bitter envy. That was why they crucified Christ was because of envy.

Phil 1:15-18
15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will:
16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains;
17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.
18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
(NKJ)

Anyone who tries to run someone else off because they don't like their message has a demon in them. The name calling and heckling is all from the devil.

Luke 9:54-55
54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?"
55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:15-17
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(NKJ)

James 4:11
11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
(NKJ)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,814 • Replies: 39
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 06:02 am
@Squeakybro,
I love to sin. So, how do I start?
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 07:30 am
@maxdancona,
lol Just open your mouth. And keep saying stupid things like this.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 07:57 am
@Squeakybro,
I am not the one saying stupid things Squeakybro. Do you really think Jesus cares about what you are doing here?

How are your words here doing anything to welcome the stranger, heal the sick or feed the hungry? You have been here for a while now, I have not seen you post a single word of value about helping the Syrian refugees, or getting healthcare for people who need it, or providing relief for famine.

Quote:
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Even Jesus says that today's Christians can all go to hell.
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:04 am
@maxdancona,
Your gross exaggerations does not cover up the idea that you said some stupid things. My words are showing people what the bible really says. And if you believed them and anyone who believes them wont be a refugee, or need healthcare, or be in a famine. And there is no way you could know whether or not I am giving something to eat , or giving something to drink, or if I am taking in strangers.
Your just running off at the mouth. I didn't invite you to read my threads. And you can bet I won't read any you put up.

Although I did need an example to fit the OP. And you make a good one, example that is.
maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:36 am
@Squeakybro,
No one reads your posts, Squeaky. After all, those of us who want to read the Bible just go get a Bible to read. No one wants collections of versus pulled willy-nilly by some strange guy on the internet. The reason that no one takes Jesus very seriously any more is that people who claim to be following Jesus don't do what Jesus did.

Do you think that were Jesus alive today he would spend any time posting Bible Scriptures online? That seems ridiculous!

If Jesus spent any time on the Internet, he would be doing what he did in Nazareth. Yelling at rich people and religious hypocrisy, standing up for refugees and people in prison, and having dinner with sinners.
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 10:56 am
@maxdancona,
you said
No one reads your posts, Squeaky

I said
lol You hypocrite. You do.
maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 11:18 am
@Squeakybro,
That's funny Squeaky. I meant, no one reads the collections of Bible verses you cut and paste. We just skim over them (if we care at all). I am happy to read what you have to say as a thinking human being... when you choose to do so.

The point is that the biggest insult to Jesus Christ, is that half the people who claim to follow Him are mindless fools, and the other half are judgmental, hateful bigots. The reason that Jesus' message is so useless today is that the people who claim to be Christians are screwing it up.

I have read the Bible. If I were Jesus, I would be pretty pissed. Where are the people who are actually standing up for refugees, people in prison and people who need food and water.

Where are the people who are yelling at the rich and religiously powerful people? That's what the Jesus in the Bible did?

Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 12:23 pm
@maxdancona,
lol I see your one of them that was uprooted because you didn't do it the way Jesus said. So now your just full if bitterness towards us who did make it.

Matt 15:12-14
12 Then His disciples came and said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?"
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 02:51 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
No one reads your posts, Squeaky. After all, those of us who want to read the Bible just go get a Bible to read. No one wants collections of versus pulled willy-nilly by some strange guy on the internet. The reason that no one takes Jesus very seriously any more is that people who claim to be following Jesus don't do what Jesus did. . .
I know it is presumptuous of me, but I confess to at least partially reading Squeaky's squeaky posts. I figure someone should warn any casual reader how easily scriptures may be misapplied.

But, I admit my eyes glaze over easily.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 02:53 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
lol Just open your mouth. And keep saying stupid things like this. . .
And you wonder. . .
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 03:06 pm
@neologist,
Maxdancona said

I love to sin. So, how do I start?

I said
Neologist now are you saying you don't think that is stupid???
neologist

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 03:30 pm
@Squeakybro,
If you took the time to look at some of max's other posts, you might find a key to his sometimes funky personality.

I know when to take him seriously.
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 04:44 pm
@neologist,
Well I don't care about what he says to others only me. And anyone who says that is satanic. He will have to answer to God for that statement on judgment day.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 04:54 pm
@Squeakybro,
You love to sin too SqueakyBro.

Everybody loves to sin. If we didn't love sin, we wouldn't do it so much.
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 04:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Your an idiot. An intellectual idiot. Before you try to judge others you should find out if you even know what love is. Can you define it with scripture?
maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 05:08 pm
@Squeakybro,
I think you meant to say "you're an idiot" (you used the possessive pronoun rather than the contraction of "you" and "are"). I studied the Bible, maybe more than you have (when I was younger I was training to be in the ministry). But that isn't important in this human interaction between two human beings communicating with each other.

You are a human being, SqueakyBro. That means you have your own set of thoughts, ideas, hopes, dreams and fantasies. These are the things that make us unique as individuals.

I can go anywhere to hear people yelling scriptures at me. There is church, or late night television, or people at the bus stop, there are even billboards yelling scripture at me. Actually, none of this has any particular value to me. After all, when I want Bible verses, the best place to get them is still opening the Bible.

But since you are here, and you are actually a human being with your own feelings and experiences, how about showing your humanity. How about having something to say about your own unique perspective and experience or your own opinions on things that are important.

After all, Jesus showed his humanity.

(And to answer your question... 1 Corinthians 13 is still one of the best descriptions of love anywhere).

maxdancona

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 05:09 pm
@Squeakybro,
Do you love me, SqueakyBro?
Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 06:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Your an idiot. 1Co 13 only shows evidence of it. No where in there does it define it. Love is not an emotion. Love is an action. And no not everyone loves to sin, I don't. No wonder the Holy Spirit told me not to cast my pearls before you. You have no spiritual understanding. If you ever knew the bible at all you would have never made that statement.

Matt 7:6
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Wed 16 Dec, 2015 06:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes I do. And I also pity you. Because of your destination.
0 Replies