annifa

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
.. i wonder.. do hamsters actually think they're going somewhere when they run round and round and round in those noisy little wheels of theirs?

Do u think they're looking for a way off it? (well they are quite silly)

Or are they in fact quite health concious, and trying to work off a few sunflower seeds?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,063 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 02:09 pm
Craven would be the man to ask, he uses hamsters for slave labor to power the entire site . . .
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 03:41 pm
Thats when they're not powering my tv..
0 Replies

Rattenburg

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:27 pm
I don't really have an answer to your post, but rats are smarter than most dogs, and some will run on wheels, and I know they aren't doing it to get out or because they think they're going somewhere. I think it's just a boredom thing. Hamsters travel very far every night out in the wild (I think it's 8 miles a night, but I haven't read anything on hamsters in a long time, so that's probably false) and they NEED excersize, they crave it I think.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:28 pm
Hamsters make great lovers.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:29 pm
So i've heard!
0 Replies

Rattenburg

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:35 pm
As with any other animal, temperment depends on the breeder. That's why you don't adopt from petshops and pisspoor 'breeders'. Those people don't care about the animals they reproduce, only the money those animals can put in their pockets.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:37 pm
Thanks, I think I read a similier post of yours somewhere else.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:42 pm
theres more dark meat on hamsters
0 Replies

Rattenburg

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:43 pm
Most likely on the thread about a biting rat. Wink I personally breed 'fancy' rats (siamese, true hairless, dumbos, rexes, lilacs and blues) and I like to get the truth about breeders/rescuers vs. petshops and poor breeders.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 07:05 pm
check please.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:17 am
It's not doing him much good actually... he's quite tubby.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:23 am
Oh - a whole world of rats, I see!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:00 am
I had many hamsters in my life and I really believe that the dumb creatures think they are going some where. They seem so intense like they need to make some sort of important meeting or gathering.

I had one hamster that was so dumb he used to run on the outside of the wheel. We also put in an old toilet paper tube in his cage to play with. The dumb thing stuck his head in it and got it stuck. He was walking around the cage, banging the tube all over. He was unable to get it off - we needed to assist him.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:28 am
hehe Smile
0 Replies