Help Installing a Universal Ceiling Fan Remote Control Kit

gps5150

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 06:27 pm
I need some help installing a universal ceiling fan remote control kit on a Hampton Bay fan/light combo. I am installing the universal kit because I lost the original remote control that operated the fan and light. My ceiling box currently contains the bare ground wire; a white wire; a black wire; and a red wire. The Hampton Bay fan/light has three wires: black, white; and green. (Note: There is no blue wire or black wire with white stripe on the fan that would otherwise operate the light). The universal remote kit has a white wire and a black wire on one side, and a yellow wire and a blue wire on the other. When I follow the instructions for the kit I do not know how to connect the blue wire from the kit to the fan in order to get the light to work since there is no blue or black & white striped wire attached to the fan. Currently, the fan is powered on with one switch in the room. If someone can provide detailed instructions for wiring this correctly so that I can operate the fan and light using the remote control kit I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 744 • Replies: 0
No top replies