Neo: Apodictical existential pantheist

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 12:07 pm
http://able2know.org/topic/304036-1#bottom

Quote:
..apodictical?
Yea Neo, that and "existential" I selected as adjectives 'cause they sounded impressive. After lookin' 'em up, however, they fit quite well, "apodictical" meaning "The process of letting people know or see something that was previously hidden or secret" and "existential," as "Self-evident; intuitively true; evident beyond contradiction"

http://onelook.com/?w=apodictical&ls=a
http://onelook.com/?w=existential&ls=a

Quote:
What are your axioms?
She is a natural phenom, can't do the impossible 'cause the impossible can't be done (existential statement). Hence the only way She could evolve the humanoid was on a big rock orbiting a (bigger) hydrogen bomb

...so we're stuck with the unfortunate and inevitable such as volcanoes, earthquakes, disease, war....

Quote:
And, what are your progressions?

Avoids contradiction and pardox: She has always existed in one form or another: Big Bang, Expansion and Evolution; eventual Halt; Big Crunch, with diminishing size and increasing mass with increasing instability until She reaches "zero" diameter with "infinite" mass, critical instability; then next Big Bang

(...noting use of quotes, my position requiring that such concepts be modified in ways yet to be discovered, less dependent on the humanoid brain to define)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,134 • Replies: 7
No top replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 01:15 pm
@dalehileman,
Hmm. . .
I see apodictical as equivalent to axiomatic.

Thus, in a plane, the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. In space, it is a geodesic.

We can develop the entire subject of plane geometry on a few axioms, our conclusions being "true" based not on epistemilogical certainty, but on strict adheherence to pre stipulated rules.

It would be great if theological conclusions could fit into such a system. But with spiritual things we must continue to search for circumstantial and anecdotal evidence. Not impossible; but hardly apodictical in its true sense.

I could be wrong, though.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 02:13 pm
@dalehileman,
In response to my magnificent ego, realizing how crucial to the survival of the Humanoid my posting, I have adapted it as a L to the E of our excellent local Victorville Daily Press. My friends out here in the Mojave Desert, let us only hope.....
dalehileman

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 02:23 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
. . .I see apodictical as equivalent to axiomatic.
God'n', Neo

I left the misspelling because it's a strong evidence for the pantheistic

Quote:
...plane, the shortest distance... straight line. In space...geodesic.
I daresay

Quote:
...plane geometry...being "true" based...on strict adheherence to pre stipulated rules.
I daresday, but.....

Quote:
It would be great if theological conclusions could fit into such a system
If you mean I've somehow corrupted the assertions of geometry in order to support my pos, I am flabbergasted, had no such intention

Quote:
But with spiritual things we must continue to search for circumstantial and anecdotal evidence.
My most convincing and indisputable (?) evidence is my assertion that none of my assumptions entail paradox or contradiction. Of course that doesn't mean they don't leave any q's

Quote:
Not impossible; but hardly apodictical in its true sense.
Well Neo, close as I could come without inventing a new vocab

Quote:
I could be wrong, though.
Yea me too I fear
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 08:15 pm
@dalehileman,
I once subscribed to the Victorville paper.
I have a vivid memory of their front page report of an auto accident about 50 years back. Included was a photo, in the foreground of which was the poor fellow's disembodied brain. I have never been able to erase that image. It was clearly a case of more information than necessary. Glad it wasn't in color, though.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 01:27 pm
@neologist,
Thank you Neo. I shall fwd your posting to 'OpEd Steve in the hope he can find it, and if he does I will fwd you a copy
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 01:39 pm
@dalehileman,
Eek!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 11:16 am
@neologist,
Haven't yet heard from him. Well, Neo, OpEds are very busy people
0 Replies