GOODBYE and Thank You ALL very much.

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:14 am
I've been at A2K for about 45 days now and posted around 1,000 messages, and started over 45 discussion topics. Unfortunately though, my time here has come to an end. Pressures of work, home and Church life are forcing me to give the online chat community a big break.

Unlike the proverbial Florida CHAD, I won't be hanging on for dear life and wondering whether anyone will know for sure whether I'm in or out, here or away.

A big thank you to the many old Abuzzers who's aquaintance I have renewed, and to the many new personalities that I've lightly interacted with here at A2K - you did not see the full-blown Bibliophile of yester years, but a much milder and less verbose version - although, mind you, I did unleash a few intellectual exchanges with Setanta over at the "What would the world be like if Jesus had never been born" thread. Never challenge an Irishman to a fight or question his Biblical beliefs in Jesus Christ, it's like a moth to the flame.

I trust I've left a good legacy of word games over at the Trivia Forum, it's the only place that I REALLY devoted my energies to. So, get stuck in and continue those games for others to enjoy...especially you folks who keep pretending to your respective bosses that you're really working!

As a last request, could someone please get Phoenix and Dlowan to slow down - they are A2K posting-machines, with non-stop conviction. Incidentally, it was interesting to see the big Aussie sheila going ahead of the Phoenix Floridian in top posting today - someone will not like that!

Goodbye and Slainte.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,052 • Replies: 64
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:22 am
Oh, Bib, we barely got to know you.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:27 am
Take care, Bib!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:28 am
Slainte, Bib, we'll miss you. Be sure to pop in and say "Hi" any time you're in the neighborhood.

timber
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 10:52 am
Um, I don't have know any Gaelic farewells or endearments, so, er... cheers.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 11:15 am
Take care, Bib. Keep in touch.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 11:28 am
Slán agus beannacht leat.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 11:47 am
Go raibh míle maith agat - slán leat!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 11:48 am
salaam
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 12:34 pm
Sorry to see you go, Biblio... you know you're going to miss us! I understand the pressures of homelife, but maybe you'll find time to come back every once in a while. We will all look forward to that. A man of his convictions is hard to find.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 12:55 pm
Good Bye and many happy trails.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:13 pm
Goodbye, Bib. Thank you for all the hours of fun you and your word games have given me. Come back and visit us when you have more time! Very Happy

Slainte,
mac
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:20 pm
Sorry to see you go!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:34 pm
Slainte Bib,

I'll keep one waiting in the well for ya.

I know a few more Gaelic phrases, not to suitable to post on here tho ;-)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:38 pm
Goodbye, Irish. Keep my son in your prayers. He is very ill. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:39 pm
Oh! I am so sorry to see you leave. Crying or Very sad Thank you so much for all those fun-filled 9-letter word games. The best of luck to you always.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 01:47 pm
Bye bye Bib. Take care.

Letty, what is this about your son? I hope he recovers very soon.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 03:25 pm
Buhbye Bib!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 03:31 pm
Ah...the first 'farewell' thread appears.

I thought this phenomenon, when I first saw it on THAT OTHER SITE, was a narcissistic ploy to have people beg the dearly nearly departed to stay. I see that Bib has covered that angle, however.

In any case, here's hoping the door don't hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

(I'm TEASING! Come back when you can...your input is valuable and welcome)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 08:59 pm
Bib
So sad to see you go. You will surely be missed! Take care of yourself ;-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » GOODBYE and Thank You ALL very much.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 04:46:05