Mine is "the bear" 100.3 fm Edmonton!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,324 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 05:02 pm
boston stations 104.1 (wbcn) and 100.7 (wzlx)
providence 95.5 (wbru)
nyc 92.3 ("K-Rock" wxrk)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 05:14 pm
dublab.com ...

word.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 05:21 pm
97.1 wkrk in detroit, michigan, usa (talk - howard stern, deminski & doyle)
am 800 cklw in windsor, ontario, canada (news/talk - dr. joy browne, kim komando)
1550 cbc in windsor, ontario, canada (national broadcaster - news, current affairs, music)
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 08:30 pm
WXPN 88.5 Philly, 88.1 Harrisburg

WITF 89.5 (NPR)

WRVV "The River" 97.3 (Rock and Roll without the hard edge. Beatles, Stones, DMB, etc)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 08:47 pm
WCLK 91.9
KISS104.1
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 08:51 pm
I don't have a lot of choice over here. The Company has two radio stations - Studio One plays pop music and country western, and Studio Two plays elevator music.

Fortunately there is radio over the Internet. I try to catch "Coast to Coast AM" on KHOW Denver a couple of times a week.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 02:51 am
WKRP in Cincinnati! ;-)

No really, when I'm in the states, I just listen to the rock stations, classic and contemporary.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 03:58 am
WGBH Boston. NPR, Jazz, Prairie Home Companion etc.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 04:21 am
103.1 WLOQ (Jazz)
102.9 WJHM (Hip Hop/R&B)
95.4 W??? (hits & oldies mix - mostly r&B, some Jazz, some hip hop)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 04:32 am
When I was a kid WBZ would skip down the seaboard from Boston and I could hear it just well enough to go to sleep listening to great R&R.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 04:42 am
WQXR 96.3- NY Classical station.........but only on the net! Sad

Over here, I listen to 89.7 WUSF- the local NPR station. But if they play another flute concerto, I think that I am going to scream. For some reason, the chairwoman in charge of deciding on the playlist apparently is enamoured with flutes.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 07:37 am
Hmm
Providence WBRU (rock)
New York/Long Island WPLR (used to be WDRE) (alternative)
Delaware/Philly WMMR (rock)
Boston WBCN (cutting edge), WROR (rock, mostly classic), WZLX (same as ROR), WODS (oldies, but it tends to be different oldies from other stations), The River (92.5) (quirky stuff, some 80s), WBOS (also quirky with some 80s)

What I'm really looking for is a place that plays Squeeze, The Cure and stuff like that. Basically, I want WBCN, circa 1983.
0 Replies

chopper1981

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
Try www.xfm.co.uk it's a London station and plays pretty good indie-type stuff, both old and new. You can usually guarantee a bit of The Cure every now and then!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:24 am
WCLK-91.9 College radio station. Mostly classic jazz and new jazz, raggae, some new age hiphop (Eryka Badu, Lauren Hill), Third World. It's a great station.

KISS104 and 102.5, both play older stuff. From the 70's, 80's and 90's.

What drives me crazy about these oldies stations are, there are about a gazillion old records to play so why do we hear the same songs day after day? I know it costs money to possess a large playlist but isn't it irritating to hear a wonderful song that you haven't heard in decades and then hear it again the next day and again the next day and before you know it, you're sick of hearing it. They've ruined a great old song by playing it too much.

I know it's not just me?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:40 am
Hey, thanks chopper, and welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:20 am
Oh joy! Oh, happiness! For the last few months, WQXR, the classical music station from the New York Times, had suspended their streaming audio.

I was checking out the A2K portal this morning, and happened on a streaming audio site, that had lists of stations. Sure enough, WQXR was on the list. When I checked it out, I found that the station is now streaming again! Very Happy

Quote:
The internet audio stream of New York's 96.3 FM WQXR, the classical radio station of The New York Times Company, is now available exclusively through two services on the AOL Network. The first is Radio@AOL, American Online's broadband, CD-quality radio service where WQXR streaming will be available on an unlimited basis to AOL subscribers. The other service is Radio@netscape which listeners may access up to two hours per day, free of charge.

Just saw this. I have Radio@Netscape, which I like a lot. Only two hours free? OK, beggars can't be choosers. It's better'n nothing!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:35 am
Lucky you...and nary a flute to be heard...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:38 am
panzade- It's a pleasure! Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:42 am
I've discussed the future with our local college NPR station manager. Their contributors are disappearing at an alarming rate through old age and illness. I feel they must open up their programming to more youthful fare...but he stubbornly resists.
0 Replies