* * * Does a Black Hole unify the four forces again?

g day

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 05:06 pm
A post by Adrielle on the advanced physics forums a few weeks ago got me wondering - Does a Black Hole unify the four forces again?

Basically he had a link showing how the 4 forces split apart during the big bang, the picture is:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/astro/imgast/smbrk.gif

So it made me wonder, a black hole is a bit like a localised Big Bang in reverse. Scientists generally dislike infinities and singularites, so how could a singularity be avoided?

It got me wondering that at some point inside a black holes event horizon the energy densities are so high - above 10 ^ 19 GeV that the four forces might recombine, and rather than be governed by relativistic physics - which Hawkings and others says they aren't - they are actually eventually governed by quantum gravity.

Does this seem plausible to people here. If you have a unified force rather than gravity + 3 others to contend with - do you possibly avoid the need for a singularity?

Tricky because while we know what the 4 forces do in a relativistic world, we don't know what the unified force does!

I guess this also means that between the event horizon and the epicentre where we relativity says a singularity is the energy density is steadily rising until you get to a level causing you to transistion away from relativity - to possible inflation physics - to quantum gravity. So maybe we get boundary layers inside a black hole where each of the four forces starts to recombine until there is only one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 893 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:20 pm
very interesting
I understand exactly what you're saying, g__day.

Very interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

To test your hypothesis, I built two tiny little circular quantum leap matrixes and generated a black hole spanning from one matrix to the other. Most definitely, the four forces were unified into a singularity. The unified force acted as a transportation conduit. The test thimble was sucked into the black hole from matrix A, dematerialized within the singularity, and exited the black hole from matrix B in a fully materialized form.

Of course, I'm pulling your leg . . . or maybe I'm not.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 10:16 pm
I would guess that it does (a black hole unifies the four forces again). And as a result, creates another big bang on the flip side of wherever we are.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 10:21 pm
I read the headline and thought the discussion was about Janet Jackson.

Pardon my intrusion.
0 Replies