'Fahrenheit 9/11' to be broadcast on Cuban TV

Col Man

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 01:42 pm
HAVANA (AFP) - American filmmaker Michael Moore's Bush-bashing "Fahrenheit 9/11" will play on Cuban public television, potentially increasing the temperature of Havana's feverish media offensive against President George W. Bush and his policies.

The film is already being screened to great critical acclaim in 120 movie theaters across the island, but television will bring it directly to Cuban living rooms.

In his latest salvo against his northern neighbor, President Fidel Castro dedicated an hour and a half of a speech Monday to Bush's past alcohol consumption and his "hot-headed, fundamentalist mind."

"Fahrenheit 9/11" will be broadcast at prime time, in place of the daily "Round Table" program dedicated to themes considered a priority by Cuban authorities.

The documentary has made history by earning more than 100 million box office dollars in Canada and the United States.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 367 • Replies: 2
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 11:33 am
Brilliant! If only Bush were not so arrogant so as to ignore other nations' feelings.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 03:01 pm
i dont think he can help it drom....
thats part of his job description he cant afford to feel for the others....literally
i had a vivid dream the other night where i went to see george on his ranch to sort this out and i was talking to him and he was saying how he felt bad but there was nothing else he could do
and i was saying to him yes i know george, i dont really hate you and im sorry to be like this with you ie condemning you for your actions, whoever was the president would be doing the same thing
which is weird because after this dream i suddenly felt a lot more for him in his position
i remember saying my goodbyes and as i walked out of the ground on the way back to the waking world i passed loads of men with dogs and a huge gun store that he had on the ranch
i remember then feeling that it wasnt the man who was responsible it was the system
such is the way of dreams Smile
0 Replies