http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/directory01.htm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:05 pm
I love Brad Christensen.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 06:37 pm
Question: You receive a forward, of a forward, of a forward, you want to send it to some else, you click on forward, delete all the addresses and comments, and send it, not knowing that the addresses of the 2nd and 3rd forwards are still on there.

Is there no way around this?

Any solutions anybody?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 06:42 pm
Misti26- Just recently, I have come to the conclusion, that if I have to go through all these machinations to send something, it ain't all that important!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 06:50 pm
Phoenix 32890: I know what you mean, I just thought there may be an easer way or that I wasn't doing something I was supposed to be doing.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 07:02 pm
misti, if you insist on forwarding, a more humane process involves saving the message body onlyof the e-mail you wish to forward to a text editor (like notepad or word). Open your send-new-e-mail app, address and subject-line the new e-mail to whatever you wish,
then paste the saved text body into the text box of the new e-mail.
The Joke or Quote or Cartoon or Plea will still be blowing around, but it won't be dragging an appreciable address book with it. I once did horrible damage to a Hotmail Account by carelessly clicking "Save Addresses".

timber
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 07:40 pm
Timber, that seems way too involved, however I appreciate the suggestion.

I've been experimenting with it. If instead of opening it, click on "save to disk" (this also seems too involved) save it to "My Documents" etc. I write a new e-mail, then "Insert", but that's not working either.

To be continued, when and if I find a solution:)
0 Replies

whatis1029

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 03:33 am
I render annoying HTML to plan text from untrusted senders
I rip out attachments from untrusted senders
I strip out potentially dangerous content, check RBLs, filter against regular expression rules, and bayesian filtering of all email, and otherwise eviscerate spammers

drum roll .... with Disruptor OL http://disruptor.de

=D

I have another spiffy program to strip away header hell (from aol dimwits and other ilk)

email ettiquette is important. when re-education fails blacklisting always works Wink
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:01 am
They seem to come to me in blocks. My block sender button is my favourite. If I'm really concerned, it's new "message rule" that "deletes it from the server".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 12:10 pm
AOL is notorious for turning even .jpeg and .gif files into attachments even if they weren't send that way. Many E mail servers are not programmed to receive more than 100K and will turn the sent E mail into an attachment. My IncrediMail program screens for viruses and turns .jpeg and .gif (including some animation) into attachment previews which are displayed with the textual material.
0 Replies