A Sentence on Computer Science

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2015 02:22 am
Dear all,
I am now working as a Chinese-English translator in Taiwan, and I am constantly picked on by my supervisor who considers my command of English is not meeting the standard.

I am wondering if that really is the truth, so I here posted what we have translated on this website, hoping that you guys can offer me some useful advice.

Which of the following English sentences sounds more natural to you?

A.
Reflecting IT policy to any security system can be difficult and time consuming. [Monitoring Software]’s flexible policy setting methodology allows administrators to make adjustments on the system with minimal effort.

B.
[Monitoring Software] allows the flexibility for corporations to adjust policy settings according to management needs.

The passage here should mean that users can effectively monitor and control employees by changing policy settings of a software application. Words such as employees should not be used (his rule).

Will be so grateful if you help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 578 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2015 03:19 am
@Eric Tsai,
I prefer B, though I see no reason for the brackets [ ].

My issue with A is
Reflecting IT policy to any security system can be difficult and time consuming. I would use "Relating". And again, there are those gosh darn brackets.

So far as your language usage is pretty good, overall
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2015 01:20 pm
@Eric Tsai,
Agree with Rog about the brackets

Eric like so many esl hereabout your determination to learn our difficult language I can only admire
0 Replies

puzzledperson

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 05:53 am
@Eric Tsai,
C. There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits. Not compatible with Linux.
0 Replies