What is the best deal for a picture cell phone?

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:59 pm
I am looking for a cell phone that takes pictures and has text messaging. I noticed a co-worker had one of these and it looked like something my 13 year old daughter would adore. I don't even know the girl's name and what brand or service she had.

I asked her about it. She said that she takes pictures and sends them to her e-mail. She said her phone cost $100 and $30/mo. I am looking for a phone for a 13 year old girl that mostly uses her current phone, which she claims she hates, for text messaging. She uses AOL IM, which I have seen advertised. She doesn't use the phone to talk as much as text messaging and would love the AOL IM.

She is trying and helping around the house, while I am working. I will get her this. She is quickly running out of minutes using her pre-pay phone. I know she would adore this picture type of phone. Text messaging is a must! She uses AOL IM on the computer and would like this feature also. She does not spend very much time with conversation of phone calls.

Does anyone know of a phone or plan to recommend, for a teen's use? I don't want to pay a fortune! She is running through minutes way too quickly using text messaging, with her pre-pay phone. An inexpensive plan is what I am looking for with text messaging and AOL IM as a must. I would like to give her some sort of gift for her efforts, while I am working.

Suggestions would be appreciated! You get a bit lost searching the net. Well, I did get completely confused! Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,297 • Replies: 1
No top replies

unwired

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:37 pm
Check out t-mobile and cingular. I know they have cheap camera phones that are compatible with AIM but I'm not sure what the cost is (same as a text message, or buy a text message plan)
0 Replies