World Stupidity Awards, presidential failure, W vs. W

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:23 pm
Maybe I'm slow on the draw, this event was held a few days ago..... But, this article is a hoot.

World Stupidity Awards
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Montana

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:06 pm
LOL! I love it :-D
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:31 pm
Glad I'm not the only one. I was begining to wonder.....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 05:44 am
LittleK, I would have laughed earlier at this, but now it is too true to be funny. I am really becoming concerned about our country. Noticed today that the "Doctors without Borders" group is pulling out of Afghanistan. Even humanitarians are hated. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 05:50 am
Letty wrote:
I am really becoming concerned about our country. Noticed today that the "Doctors without Borders" group is pulling out of Afghanistan.Even humanitarians are hated

Yes,

5 staffer from the Doctor without Borders were killed a few month ago, now the organisation pulling out.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:48 am
I agree with all their picks. maybe I will try to get to this next year! Sounds like a great time. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:23 am
Letty, yeah, it is sad.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:47 am
Funny, but if these awards didn't exist somebody would have to invent them. Did you notice the last paragraph about "Mini Kiss"? That should have won for stupid musical act. But I'd still like to see them.

PS. How come I wasn't even nominated?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:55 pm
Equus - I did see the bit about Mini Kiss, I would pay good money to see that band play.

Here's a new tidbit on Bush. A group of 415 historians overwhelmingly (81%) voted that Bush's presidency is a failure in an informal survey.

Quote:
"His presidency has been remarkably successful," one historian declared, "in its pursuit of disastrous policies." http://hnn.us/articles/5019.html
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:03 pm
Smile "Of 415 historians who expressed a view of President Bush's administration to this point as a success or failure, 338 classified it as a failure and 77 as a success. (Moreover, it seems likely that at least eight of those who said it is a success were being sarcastic, since seven said Bush's presidency is only the best since Clinton's and one named Millard Fillmore.) Twelve percent of all the historians who responded rate the current presidency the worst in all of American history, not too far behind the 19 percent who see it at this point as an overall success."

Great link, littleK!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:29 pm
Teehee
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 11:16 pm
Ok, the w. vs. w. part refers to this:

http://tinyurl.com/aokb
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:47 pm
Ooooh, and Will Ferrel as W...
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2004/07/29/ferrell_is_back.html
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 06:33 am
It's a brilliant idea for awards, Littlek Very Happy, but Letty is right... what's happened in the last three years has been absolutely bewilderingly awful.

0 Replies