Yellow roots after dying hair silver?

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 12:32 am
Hello! So this spring I dyed my virgin (very dark) brunette hair blonde- double processed twice to get it nice and light. When I went to get a touch up a few weeks ago, I decided to cool down for fall and go silver. I went to my regular salon and came out with a fabulous blue-ish silver that has since faded to the slate grey I was hoping for. However, the part around the newly bleached roots that she did before toning my hair to the blue-silver is now turning a gross yellow. The rest of my hair, which was blonde from earlier bleaching, has kept a perfect shade of grey. I did notice that my roots seemed more orange before they brought me to the chair for toning, but because I'm new to color I thought that it was part of the process.

Help- there is a distinct line where the most recent root bleach is turning yellow under the silver toner! How can I fix this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,260 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 07:49 am
@Stabriella,
Go back to the salon and show them - ask them to do it. It's their error. They should either fix it for free or the cost of materials.
0 Replies

vividamnesia

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:26 pm
@Stabriella,
No. The roots should have almost if not matched the rest of your hair either she didn't use a strong enough bleach or she didn't leave it on long enough rendering the roots darker with more gold/copper pigments then the rest of your hair.
0 Replies