Boy takes joyride on airport conveyor belt

Col Man

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 04:51 am
OSLO (Reuters) - A four-year-old boy caused chaos at a Norwegian airport this week when he hopped aboard a luggage conveyor belt as if it were a merry-go-round.

Ole Tobias crawled onto the belt next to an unmanned check-in desk on Monday, continued unnoticed through a trapdoor along with bags and suitcases about his size, then passed through an X-ray scanner and into the luggage hall.

"It was just a moment of inattention and Ole Tobias disappeared," his mother, Ingvild Aakervik, told NRK radio on Tuesday. "I panicked and made the entire airport search for him."

She said Ole Tobias was not hurt and seemed to have enjoyed the ride, which ended abruptly when staff at the Aalesund Vigra airport in central Norway noticed the boy in the X-ray machine and pressed the alarm button.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 465 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:23 am
I did that when I was 5. It was a fun ride and I almost made it into the baggage compartment!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:59 pm
I always wanted to try that.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 04:07 am
hmm me too
0 Replies