Disappearing yellow

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:09 pm
In editing, often wished for an easier crossout but finally decided on the yellow; until discovering it sometimes appears to vanish altogether

Wonder if anyone else has noticed this or knows how to darken the screen. Better yet, what's another fader color that doesn't disappear entirely on screen of typical brighteness

The word "brightness" above is in yellow. Now trying the purple just to its left

So the purple is readable

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,479 • Replies: 40
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:12 pm
Not sure what the problem is. Just pick a color that darker than yellow.

Am I missing something? Confused

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:14 pm
@chai2,
Sorry Chai, I edit my postings a lot

Terrible habit

But how does one darken the screen
So Chai save me a trip through Google
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:15 pm
@dalehileman,
So what are you asking?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:21 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
So what are you asking?
Well Chai, let's see

(1) Do you know a really easy way to crossout
Last I checked it took something like 43 keystrokes

(2) How to advise friends and readers afterthefact how to darken the screen so the yellow is visible

(3) Do you think the other colors are as effective as yellow to suggest deletion

(4) Do you know any other tricks of any kind

No not that kind
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:23 pm
@dalehileman,
You don't have to google anything Dale.

Just pick a color other than yellow!

Is there something sacred about that color that you can't just highlight words you want to edit some other color?

I'm confused.
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 02:26 pm
@chai2,
Well, RED would be a great color if you wanted to indicate you wanted to delete it.

Are you working in Word or something?

In Word, if you want to strike through a word, you just highlight it then click the strikethough icon, which is on your Home Tab, right near where you pick what font and size font you want.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 04:46 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Are you working in Word or something?
I was thinking more in terms of editing a2k postings, guys asking for help. But using Word for this purpose entails just a whole lot of copying and pasting so I keep hoping someday Mac will include quick crossout under Edit

I remember using crossout in Word; I don't remember how it's done but it used more keystrokes than I thought it should.

Quote:
In Word,..striketrough...which is on your Home Tab....
Forgive my vast ignorance Chai but I can't find it. Where it situated

Thanks Chai for your interest in my crazy problems
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:17 pm
@dalehileman,
Sorry, I don't know anything about Macs.

If you want to edit something here, on A2K highlight the word(s) you want to change, click Font Colour, which is right about your post when you're typing, to the left of Emoticons. Then pick a color, I would suggest a bright one, so it stands out.

If you don't see the box above your post that says Font coluor, take a look directly above your post on the left hand side. You will see, in green text, Show BBCode Editor. Click that to show where you can change your text.
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:31 pm
@chai2,
BTW, your problem isn't crazy. I just didn't understand your question at first. A long time ago, someone's life mission seemed to be being obtuse and eager to point out my ignorance when I, for the first time sat down at a computer at a job.
I vowed then and there to never make someone feel stupid for not knowing what to press or click, or for asking why.

Funny thing Dale, a couple of weeks ago I started a 10 or 15 hour a week contract job doing billing for a small company of childrens therapists. It's not hard, just complicated at first. So many variations. There's really no office, and everyone communicates by text, email on their phones, because they're roaming around. They also use a cloud system, actually 2 of them, which if you don't know what it is, don't worry about it. I kinda knew what it was, but never worked with one. Never had to. I sure wasn't shy about telling them the first time they told me where something was, and it was incomprehensible to me, that I didn't know anything about it, and to start at square one. I'm in a great place right now where they need me more than I need them. So either teach me in a way I can understand, or find someone else. Don't get me wrong, I like everyone I've met, I'm just in a position where I can do what I want. Anyway, I was having lunch with a friend last Sunday, talking about the job, and I asked her "Do you know about xxxxx?" She's got her doctorate, so is no slacker. She said "Well....I've heard of that, but no idea really"
dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:40 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Sorry, I don't know anything about Macs.
You're probably better off

Quote:
...... A2K highlight..... click Font Colour......Then pick a color, I would suggest a bright one,.......
Yes thanks Chas, that's just how I do it, or did it, til the yellow slowly disappeared
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 05:43 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
...cloud system.... which if you don't know ... don't worry ....
Yea Chai I kinda know. Sounds like you enjoy your work. I always have hated work, avoiding it whenever possible
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:51 pm
@dalehileman,
I believe me, I came to the conclusion work isn't where it's at either. This particular gig is one where I do it whenever I want, even 3am if I wanted, wearing my pajamas and hair sticking up. When I need to go into the "office" basically a large closet, it's 2 miles away and I can wear the same pajamas there. I'm saving for a new car, and would rather pay cash than finance.
roger

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:21 pm
If a color is too light to read easily, or if the author selects white text, just highlight it with the cursor. Problem solved. If you don't want anyone to read what you post, just don't post it. Again, problem solved.
djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:28 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
If you don't want anyone to read what you post, just don't post it. Again, problem solved.

brilliant

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:29 pm
@djjd62,
hint, highlight under the quote above
roger

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 08:30 pm
@djjd62,
Agree!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 12:27 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
In editing, often wished for an easier crossout but finally decided on the yellow; until discovering it sometimes appears to vanish altogether

Is that what you want to do? If so just use the strike code.
Code:[strike]easier crossout[/strike]
dalehileman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 09:16 am
@chai2,
Quote:
I'm saving for a new car, and would rather pay cash than finance.
And you're smart, too, to buy a new one
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 09:18 am
@roger,
Quote:
just highlight it with the cursor
Thanks Rog, lemme try it

Hello hello

It didn't work. Maybe I didn't quite understand what it was I was supposed to highlight or how
0 Replies