Sudden drop

Col Man

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 07:52 pm
A man had a lucky escape after falling around 100ft from a cliff.

The man was driving his car along the seafront near Rottingdean, East Sussex, when he skidded and hit a barrier.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said he then slipped and fell over the edge while he was examining damage to the vehicle. Solent Coastguard was called to help recover him, but rescuers found him fully conscious 100ft down on a path running along the base of the cliff. A small pile of sand and gravel is believed to have saved his life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 411 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:25 am
Many years ago I was doing some climbing in the Colorado Rockies. I slipped and plunged a good 30 feet. I landed in some bushes and convinced myself I must be injured so I just layed there in one position for a couple of hours waiting for help. Seeing that no help was forthcoming I moved and discovered - much to my own surprise and embarrassment - that I was unijured except for a few small bruises. I walked away, git in my car and drove home. Let's not tell anyone about this. ok?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:16 pm
no we wont Wink but thanks for sharing Smile
its always great to hear peoples stories Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:41 pm
nick. as a former climber, what were you doin climbing alone? hhmmmm? who carries the booze and the pot?
0 Replies