Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 07:36 am
Okay, I don't really think he is, but he has a funny habit. If I'm working or otherwise occupied, and he wants to play, he doesn't just bring me one toy, he brings 3 or 4, and lines them up at my feet. Then he waits for me to figure out which one he actually wants to play with. Creepy...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,853 • Replies: 11
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 07:53 am
When I was a kid I had a dog that had a rock collection. He would go into the woods and collect the nicest rocks and put them in his pile. When good rocks in the woods became scarce he started getting them from the bottom of a pond. At the time of his death he had amassed a wealth of over 1,000 rocks which now cover his grave.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 07:55 am
Nick - I had a friend in junior high who had a beagle named Mickey. He was nicknamed "The Rock Hound" for just the same reason.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:03 am
Cav--

He's showing you that he is a dog both of wealth and of thrifty habits--a person of property.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:10 am
That makes one of us then. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:17 am
it's funny with beagles...I had one named beethoven and he would lick his balls left to right...never deviated......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
it's funny with beagles...I had one named beethoven and he would lick his balls left to right...never deviated......

Once you have a system that works, what the hell?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:47 am
It is possible that your dog is OCD. Dogs have been shown to have seperation anxiety disorder (not eating or drinking while owner is gone or tearing the whole house up when owner is gone) so why not OCD? I knew a lady who had a dog that would chew on it's foot when it hadn't been fed at the 'proper' time. Who knows?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:54 am
I've heard before of dogs taking prozac for depression; they could probably have OCD as well, especially considering how inventive psychiatrists are getting with diagnoses these days.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:57 am
Nah, our dog, like any dog, doesn't like when we leave, but he generally just goes to sleep. No house destruction, no fur chewing, no running in circles or tail chasing, like is found in a lot of Border Collies who don't get out enough. As far as eating, no problems there for sure! We were lucky, actually, as our breed, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, is prone to separation anxiety and house destruction.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:03 am
Re: Is my dog OCD?
Quote:
he doesn't just bring me one toy, he brings 3 or 4, and lines them up at my feet. Then he waits for me to figure out which one he actually wants to play with. Creepy...

maybe he's testing your intelligence level...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:06 am
Re: Is my dog OCD?
Region Philbis wrote:
Quote:
he doesn't just bring me one toy, he brings 3 or 4, and lines them up at my feet. Then he waits for me to figure out which one he actually wants to play with. Creepy...

maybe he's testing your intelligence level...

I did think about that, spoonman. Like any benevelont dicatator, when outsmarted, all I need to do is remind him of who controls the kibble.
0 Replies