Footprint tests clear celebrity elephant of murder rap

Col Man

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 05:44 pm
BANGKOK (AFP) - A veteran performing elephant has been dramatically cleared of killing a worker at the world AIDS forum after footprint and forensic tests, police said.

The elephant, called Absolute Handsome and with a screen credit for a slow walk-on part in Alexander the Great, was cleared after officers checked his tusks for signs of violence.

Absolute Handsome, 'Sud Lor' in Thai, had been the prime suspect in the killing of Somsak Klangkaew, 55, who was grabbed by an elephant and smashed to the ground.

"The doctor collected and tested blood stains on his tusks but they found no sign of blood stains or any sign of human flesh at all thus it's unlikely he's the killer elephant," said Lieutenant Colonel Theera Monthong of the Thai police.

The man in charge of the elephant show, Sompast Meepan, had maintainted that the 22-year-old bull was a victim of mistaken identity and the real killer was a stray rogue beast.

Police are now searching for the guilty elephant.

Twenty elephants were hired by the Thai government for the 15th International AIDS Conference at a cost of two million baht (50,000 dollars).

The conference, which has attracted 17,000 delegates, ends on Friday.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,579 • Replies: 7
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:04 pm
The actual elephant stole Klangkaew's credit cards and his identitty and is now living in Mexico disguised as Klangkaew. He should be easy to spot as he has a tattoo of a mouse on his left front forearm.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:13 pm
Identity theft by elephants is becoming all too common.

What can be done?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:27 pm
We should be vigilant, Gus. If you see any post here that makes you feel uneasy about its authorship, check it. Hundreds of new posters join here every month, and a killer elephant might easily slip past the moderators on a bad day.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:34 pm
nimh, perhaps the time has come for you to do one of your legendary data-finding quests.

You alone amongst us could free the world forever from the elephants.

Do it, nimh! Do it for us all.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:58 pm
Well, I have some first evidence, though it doesn't, alas, help us identify the killer elephant's possible virtual persona: the reputed Thai artist ค้นข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม ค้นข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม จิตรกร caught sight of the killer elephant as it was running away and delievered this artistic rendition of the moment: click here
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 09:02 pm
Otherwise I can't find anything, I'm afraid, though I worry a little about the holiday pics I seem to have uncovered from your last trip East, Gus ...

I do wish you would stay true to the partners you've committed to back home at the farm - really, a week away from home is no excuse.

http://www.baliadventuretours.com/images/wild_boys.jpg
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 01:33 am
Is it time for a pre-emptive strike?
0 Replies